PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokedragon

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2013
So the first pipe I ever bought was a MM Legend. It was mostly due to the amount of money I had at the time. Anyway, I loved the smoke, but the aesthetics of the corn cob pipe just don't work for me. After some thought, I decided to head over to walker briar works and see if David Wolff couldn't work some magic. Purchased a nickel banded Country Gentleman, and had him make me a forever stem in his "Black Rose" coloration which resembles cumberland. Just got it today and it looks great. Sorry if the pictures are fuzzy.
classycob_zpsef65bb27.jpg

classycob4_zps8e1d1bf2.jpg

classycob3_zpsaa0f1377.jpg

classycob2_zps92d84868.jpg

classycob_zpsef65bb27.jpg

trailspike48

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2013
So the first pipe I ever bought was a MM Legend. It was mostly due to the amount of money I had at the time. Anyway, I loved the smoke, but the aesthetics of the corn cob pipe just don't work for me.
I agree, the look of a cob never appealed to me either. Until this one. Nice cob.

Jul 15, 2011
Im not usually one for "classing up" a cob, but I have to admit that is pretty freaking sweet! Looking great!

robusthermit

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 9, 2012
Great looking stem. I have wanted to pick up a forever stem. I smoke alot of cobs and I often chew through the stems.

scurvydog

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 23, 2012
Nice...My Country Gentleman with a Walker stem is one of my favorite pipes!

hebel

Lurker
Feb 26, 2011
That's a nice looking corn cob, you should check out Ricardo Santia, I just ordered one of his pipes and I'll post a picture as soon as I get it. They are one of a kind with a bamboo shank, custom mouth piece and he creates his own design on the bowl. He also puts a briar plug in the bottom to prevent burn out. The price is $59 but it's worth it cause it's one of a kind!

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
I agree with all that's been said: That is a great looking cob! Those forever stems really are the ticket if you smoke cobs often.

Status
Not open for further replies.