PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Did you make it to Jungle Jim’s or House of Cigars?
Jungle Jims. A bit overwhelming! I was unfortunately very tired, so I didn't try to see it all. Their Tobacco tins were primarily Peterson, at $19.99, which is a bit more than PA, so I just wandered around. I was trying to describe it to my wife last night, its impossible and pictures on the web don't do it justice. Their wine/beer/liquor prices were a bit more than here as well, so I left empty handed, but an interesting diversion after a long day on the road.

Jbrewer2002

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2023
Somerset Ohio
Jungle Jims. A bit overwhelming! I was unfortunately very tired, so I didn't try to see it all. Their Tobacco tins were primarily Peterson, at $19.99, which is a bit more than PA, so I just wandered around. I was trying to describe it to my wife last night, its impossible and pictures on the web don't do it justice. Their wine/beer/liquor prices were a bit more than here as well, so I left empty handed, but an interesting diversion after a long day on the road.
It can definitely be overwhelming. It is a bit high in price. I usually go there for the things I can’t get anywhere else. It’s especially great for getting ingredients when cooking international foods. There pipe tobacco is a bit limited but there’s not many places around there to get any pipe tobacco in tins.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
It can definitely be overwhelming. It is a bit high in price. I usually go there for the things I can’t get anywhere else. It’s especially great for getting ingredients when cooking international foods. There pipe tobacco is a bit limited but there’s not many places around there to get any pipe tobacco in tins.
The restaurant director I worked with on Thursday echoed your comment about finding an unusual ingredient.

Reactions: Jbrewer2002

motorjon68

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2023
Cincinnati
Older thread I know but an FYI. OTR Cigars has a fantastic lounge, great cigars and usually quite a few tins of pipe tobacco. Plus the owner and employees are super nice. In addition the whole surrounding area is awesome. Findlay Market is a cool shopping experience.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Older thread I know but an FYI. OTR Cigars has a fantastic lounge, great cigars and usually quite a few tins of pipe tobacco. Plus the owner and employees are super nice. In addition the whole surrounding area is awesome. Findlay Market is a cool shopping experience.
I have it ear-marked for a future trip.

Reactions: motorjon68