PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jship079

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2010
I was wondering how many of us are cigar smokers that was my first love before I found pipe.

excav8tor

Can't Leave
Aug 28, 2010
South Devon, England
I was a cigar smoker when I was in the Army. Tax-Free Kig Eddy panatella cigars were cheaper than cigarretes and tobacco, besides, rolling along with your head out of the turret of a Challenger 2 with a cigar looked really cool.
Now I don't have access to KE's for the same price and the cost (Tax paid) is prohibitive.
I still love a good cigar now and again, but I will say it again, you guys in the US have it really easy.

greggors

Can't Leave
Oct 5, 2010
Mississauga ON Canada
I was a casual cigar smoker. Liked smoking Isabelas, a nice mild Cuban tobacco seed grown in the Philipines. Cheap in price. My favorite is romeo y julieta which I would only get every other week as a treat. But now that I started smoking pipes haven't had one in the past 2 months lol.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
I smoke both pipes and cigars. Mainly pipes though. I did smoke mainly cigars for about a year and learned a lot about them, but I switched back to mainly pipes again because I love pipes and pipe tobacco. I now smoke maybe 15-20 cigars a year now.

upstatepipe

Lurker
Oct 24, 2010
I'm a recent convert.Smoked cigars for the last couple of years.Couldn't justify the cost any longer,for $20 you get 3 maybe 4 cheap cigars.That same $20 goes a lot farther now that I switched to smoking a pipe.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I just smoke the occasional cheap nasty Swisher Sweet . Brings back memories of a favorite uncle who has gone to that great home in the sky.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
I go in spurts , that is I dont smoke any then go on a binge . Padrons ,Trinidads , Rocky Patel and Havana Honeys are my favorites .

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I've been a casual cigar smoker since before the pipe. I did get sort of into it for a year or so but after taking up the pipe I rarely smoke a cigar. I might smoke a half dozen cigars in a year. Every once in a while a Rocky Patel Vintage, or an Arturo Fuente 8-5-8 Maduro hits the spot.

surfmac211

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I still smoke cigars and love them. Even though I smoke more pipes now I still smoke my cigars on a regular basis. In my humidors right now I got some Kristoffs, Camacho Triple Maduro, Davidoffs, Joya de Nicaragua, Padrons, Partagas, and then a good bit of mix match single cigars.

archerdarkpint

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 23, 2010
I really enjoy maduro cigars, however I'm not partial to any particular brand, yet I do favor the larger gauges. Typically I'll roll over to the cigar shop in my neighborhood (five minute drive) and pick something different each time...never had a "bad" cigar. Sadly, the B and M does not sell any other pipe tobacco other than 1Q and I have quite a bit on hand already.

tanless1

Sep 14, 2010
im still a cigar fan ; padrons are my go to. since smoking a pipe im able to better recognize and appreciate the transitions. win/win

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I started smoking cigars and pipes at the same time back in 1998. I smoked mostly cigars for a while, but for the last two years mostly pipes.
In the last two years I have smoked 1 - 2 cigars a year and 1 - 3 pipes a day.

patiobum

Nov 5, 2009
Baytown,Texas
I enjoy both pipes and cigars also. Average cigars in a week is 4-5, at least 1-2 pipe bowls a day.
I am on a Burley kick these past few months. usually Latakia rules.
Favorite cigars - A.Fuente Cuban Corona,858, Cohiba, Hoya de Monterey. I have moved to smaller ring gage corona size the past couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.