PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rx2man

Part of the Furniture Now
May 25, 2012
My cigar knowledge exceeds my pipe knowledge, that being said I think you are looking for something along the order of CAO Flavors.
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigars/11753/cao-flavours/
a few of the flavors are below
CAO Earth Nectar: a delicious, all-natural combination of cocoa, toasted almonds, and raisins that is touched with sweet honey then infused with fine chianti. The Cameroon leaf and Cuban-seed Dominican fillers achieve a mild, smooth smoke that satisfies the palate with a sweet, flavorful offering of nature's finest fruits.
CAO Eileen's Dream: quite possibly the most unique of CAO's Flavours. Comprised of a smooth Cameroon wrapper and mild Dominican filler that have been infused with an explosion of ingredients including Irish whiskey, cream, coconut milk, hazelnut, white chocolate, almonds, cocoa, and vanilla bean. This is a must-try.
CAO Gold Honey: made with high quality orange blossom honey. Together with fine tobaccos, this is an exquisite, delicate blend with a faint citrus flavor.
CAO Moontrance: an intricate blend of 100% natural exotic fruit and bourbon vanilla extracts. Offering a fantastic, caramel-like sweetness. When combined with a genuine Cameroon wrapper, Moontrance is sure to delight even the most skeptical of palates.
Cigar flavors are soooo much more subtle. So much that there are times when something is off and I just don't get anything.....that's when I move over to a pipe and take a break from cigars. So a flavored cigar might be more to your liking.
I do like the Fuente Short Story though, REALLY good sticks at a reasonable price point and a short smoke.
I would stay away from Cubans until you get more into cigars. Cubans are expensive, the quality control is horrible and you will need to let them sit for several years. Less time for a smaller stick, longer for a churchill etc. I HAD a 48 quart cooler full of ISOM's. I got rid of all of them. The Montecristo 2's I had I was never sure if they were counterfeits and people I asked could not say either as the quality control is not there. If you do go Cuban go with a Fonseca Delicias, they are not that expensive, they are mild and they are likely not to be counterfeit as they are not popular like a Montecristo. Also with a Delicias you probably only need to sit on them for a year before you can smoke em so they will not taste like ammonia.
After all of that I still think you are going to like CAO Flavors, Drew Estate Tabak Especial (Tasty coffee n chocolate sticks), ACID Cigars by Drew Estate, Tatiana Flavored.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
The MUWATs are an excellent cigar. Drew Estates nailed it with the dark fired Kentucky. If you can score these in your shop, definitely give them a try.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Some guys say that they like ghosts for the added complexity. Some of those who say this use ghost tolerance as a way to buy fewer pipes as they don't dedicate. I wish I was of these opinions for the sake of my budget, but in any case window shopping and studying pipes, and then buying pipes, is one of my very favorite activities.
Latakia leaves only a minimal ghost, gone after only several bowls of the new tobacco. They say perique ghosts but I've not noticed this.
I've never crumpled a cigar and smoked it in a pipe, but I can't imagine that cigar tobacco would ghost any more than latakia. Ghost-producing tobaccos about which to be careful are the Lakelands, including 1792, as well as any other cased tobacco.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
So if I just get the $500 cuban cigar, rip it up into chunks, hand blend it 50/50 with some parsley, stuff the bulk of it in the microwave for 2 minutes, pull it out, roll it back up using a cabbage leaf and duct tape, and let age in a cup of pickle juice for 3 months before re-drying and smoking...?

Seriously though thank you all for the info, i printed off an extensive list of suggestions, there is bound to be a match!

Isaac

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
+1 Cobguy & Andy, La glorias are my fav for the price & taste. Can smoke 4 of those vs 1 real Cubano & like each one as good or better.

Status
Not open for further replies.