PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaybird

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2011
Do you ever smoke your churchwardens in public? What is the reaction you get from people?

lankfordjl

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
I have a Savinelli traditional churchwarden (looks a lot like the one Jeremy Brett smokes as Sherlock Holmes), and a Corncob churchwarden. The cobwarden is really good! I purchased a churchwarden forever stem from Walker Briar Works. With the forever stem, I can make any MM cob into a churchwarden.
Walker Briar Work Churchwarden stems (6.5 or 8 inches):

a_Forever-Churchwardens.jpg

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I saw the perfect green and black peterson super pretty churchwarden pipe on one of our sponsors sites a couple months ago. That's right, I said super pretty.
Waited a few days to decide how badly I wanted, and needed this pipe... I found out how much I wanted it after I saw it disappear from their site.
After I thought about it, it was a steal at $70ish dollars.
Don't hesitate boys... The perfect warden only comes along so often. :crying:

kyletheaviator

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2012
Is this one of those Gandalf pipes?
I do beleive that is the proper name sir! Thanks for catching that one, we don't want any newbies to the forum to get confused :wink:

treeder13

Might Stick Around
Apr 16, 2012
Rofl everyone let's go call them gandalfs infront of cyndi http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/its-not-a-gandalf-mini-rant

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
It's funny how everyone hates them being called gandalf pipes but everyone one seems to like the middle earth pipe weed.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Actually, I'd be willing to add "Gandalf" or "Wizard" to the accepted lexicon of pipe shapes for a churchwarden with a wooden stem. A sub category of churchwardens, if you will.
But then again, calling a churchwarden a "Gandalf" is like referring to "Baba O'Reilly" as "Teenage Wasteland".

Status
Not open for further replies.