PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I will say, Now living as a newly "Single man" Ill never be forced to listen to christmas music. Atleast in the car or at home. Stores I can't help it still tho....

But looking forward to much less christmas music!

• Haha
Reactions: jpmcwjr and jbfrady

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Fun and had never heard of him!

Wonder if he somehow inspired Michael Feldman who did similar stuff on his PBS show I used to catch on Saturday mornings, along with "Car Talk" many years ago.
Lehrer is a fascinating character. He was a sensation in the early to mid 1960's, writing a lot of satirical songs that challenged a number of popular beliefs. Then, at the height of his fame, he dropped it all to return to teaching.

Buffalo

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2022
Central Nebraska
You guys are all a bunch of Scrooges, maybe you should start a support group to compare notes on when the three ghosts visit you!

Edited to add: I'm going to send everyone who's commented on this thread a copy of this to their inboxes, maybe it will make your hearts grow from two sizes too small!

Last edited:

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
You guys are all a bunch of Scrooges, maybe you should start a support group to compare notes on when the three ghosts visit you!

Edited to add: I'm going to send everyone who's commented on this thread a copy of this to their inboxes, maybe it will make your hearts grow from two sizes too small!

Be careful...I know what makes you cry...Screenshot_20231013-080448~2.png

• Haha
Reactions: Buffalo and jbfrady

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
In addition to the above, I cringe when I hear "Have a Holly, Jolly Christmas".... Burl Ives.

Give me "We jammin' for Christmas" Crazy is name of artist, on the Parang Soca Christmas album Vol. 3.

Never heard it in public, maybe while I like it.

Reactions: kcghost and jbfrady

username

Lifer
Dec 24, 2014
Tucson Az
The most shocking part of this thread is just how many people still listen to a radio instead of exactly what they want when they want. No one has Spotify accounts here?
I listen to podcasts mostly only time I listen. To radio is when work has it on or I'm making a delivery and the shop has it on or grocery shopping .

Reactions: jbfrady