PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
So I went to the B&M today and picked up a can of Mac Baren Honey & Chocolate. I don't know what is up with the sudden urge to smoke chocolate but, this was quite nice. The tin note was more coco the chocolate and the honey was an undertone. It smoked cool with the same undertone of honey and coco. All in all no bite and a nice taste.
I see a couple of other posts on this, seems like a good buy.
Also got me some more Penzance to even things out. :D

collindow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
I wasn't a great fan of Honey and Chocolate, when I tried it. I loved the tin note, a lot. As did all my non-piper friends, but I felt like it didn't follow through. To date it is one of only two MacB blends I haven't thoroughly enjoyed. The other being Acadian Perique.
But enough of being a Debbie Downer, good to hear that some folk like that blend, ha.

chopz

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2011
i bought a tin of honey and chocolate, which i had never before tasted, to give it a try. i only had a chocolate tobacco once before, years ago, and i thought it was kinda awful. so far i've had only 2 bowls of the honey and chocolate and i'm confused. i didn't taste or smell honey or chocolate outside of the tin note. to me it's the closest i've experienced to a cigar in a pipe tobacco. and i'm not complaining - it was very satisfying to me. maybe there's something wrong with my taste. tell me, is my sense of taste and smell off kilter from cigarette smoking?
i'll add that it burned easily, didn't bite at all. on opening the tin i thought it was going to be sticky but it turned out not to be.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I have always found that most aromatics do not taste at all like they smell and at times the room note smells nothing like the tin note. It's not just you buddy.

undecagon

Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
Glad you enjoyed.
For me, Two Friends English Chocolate. Light coco tin note, lighter coco flavor, but it is just enough for me! Burns great too, I like it best in larger pipes (and the coco is a bit more noticale in a larger bowl). I went threw a bunch while putting up my Christmas decorations. That being said my dad stopped in and when asked said "No, it doesn't smell like chocolate in here, smells like smoke."

chopz

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2011
i know aros never smell the same when smoked as they do in the tin, but does honey and chocolate taste like a cigar to anyone else? could it be there's some sort of cigar leaf in it? anybody know?

smokenscotch

Nov 23, 2011
I've never tried that one, but I do enjoy Boswells Chocolate Cream. Sorry to divert..that really smells great in the bag and it also does taste very much like chocolate. My wife says when she gets home, sometimes she smells a hint of chocolate in the air. It does burn hot though. Nice for a treat now and then.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I just picked up a tin of this also. The flavor was light coco to me. I did not even get a hint of honey but on opening the tin I found the tobacco quite dry. It smoked well, not bite and was very mild. I got quite a strong nicotine hit from this blend. I less than love this one but it will be OK for once and a while.
I also got a tin of Mac Baren vanilla cream flake. This blend was the winner of the two!

jpbass

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 13, 2011
Baltimore, MD USA
The last time I tried a chocolate blend (Fader's Swiss Chocolate) it was very disappointing. My wife said it smelled great, but there was absolutely no taste whatsoever. I eventually threw it away. I really tried to like it, just didn't work.

group4

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 16, 2011
"For me, Two Friends English Chocolate. Light coco tin note, lighter coco flavor, but it is just enough for me!"
I agree with undecagon on this one; my favorite chocolate tobacco for sure.

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
but does honey and chocolate taste like a cigar to anyone else?
Yes, my thoughts exactly and its what keeps me from smoking this blend much. It is my least favorite MacB so far.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Got me thinking I haven't had any in a while so I cracked open a jar--good, not great, smoke. The cats seem to like the room note :lol: I think it does best as an addition to other blends.

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
Smokenscotch, I'm another fan of Boswell's Chocolate Cream. I haven't tried any other chocolate tobaccos but I do like that one. The room note is divine according to my wife, a chocoholic.
Smokey

smokenscotch

Nov 23, 2011
Hi Smokey422, it is nice to please the wives with some nice tobacco room note in the house. Boswells Chocolate Cream does just that!

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
McClellands Holiday Cheer has a great chocolatey taste for an aromatic. I also notice a chocolate scent in Tinderbox 1928 Special Reserve, and a blend alled Goedewaagen that I get at a local B&M. All go well with a good cup of cappicino, or a bottle of Young's Double Chocolate stout!

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
I will vouch for Boswells Chocolate Cream. It really does taste like as advertised. I'll be def getting much more.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Haven't had this blend, though I may one day get around to trying it. I have however had 7 Seas Regular Blend from MacBaren which has a vanilla and chocolate flavouring. As you mentioned the chocolate is more of a coco instead of a chocolate, and I too noted that occassionally the tobacco leaf flavour came to the forefront tasting a bit like a cigar. Wonderful blend and great to have all the elements come out in the smoke. If you liked the Honey & Chocolate you'd probably want to give 7 Seas Regular Blend a try.

terry

Oct 7, 2011
I think that it is the amount of "kake" in the pipe that makes or breaks a blend! commnet wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.