PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I don't know if I've ever had it but I've heard that McDonald's coffee has chicory in it. Anyone know if that is true?
I can speak with certainty that McDonalds coffee does not contain chicory. They are making claims in both the US and Canada that their coffee is 100% Arabica.
-- Pat

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I have a 20oz mug, put in 8oz of whole milk and heat it in the microwave, then put it under the kcup machine for 8oz of coffee. My kcup machine is a Bunn MyCafe that has a pulse feature. Probably with a Keurig it would be best to go 4oz/4oz or at most 6.
That's a fun Cafe au Lait recipe, I'm going to try that tomorrow.
-- Pat

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
Shutterbugg wrote; +1 but I haven't been able to find RT in k-cups. French Market has them. In fact cheaper than Community, if you buy a dozen boxes at a time like I do. French Market single serve kcups
I have a 20oz mug, put in 8oz of whole milk and heat it in the microwave, then put it under the kcup machine for 8oz of coffee. My kcup machine is a Bunn MyCafe that has a pulse feature. Probably with a Keurig it would be best to go 4oz/4oz or at most 6. "
I too enjoy café au lait (coffee and milk). I use to French drip my coffee and drink au lait. But, in this busy world, I put the RT or French Market right into a modern day Bunn. I drink it with a little Creamora and sugar. I don't use anything with Aspartane as the stuff will kill you! :wink:

leacha

Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
I'm a fan of the french market brand. For years that was all I could get. After getting a can of Cafe Du Monde, I thought it was weak.

0003068484368_300X300.jpg

ruger414

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 25, 2014
United States
The only way I can drink coffee and chicory is with a heaping plate of beignets from Cafe du Monde. I usually like my coffee black and bitter.

Dec 24, 2012
You guys are killing me. I have been googling like crazy trying to find some chicory coffee available online up here in Canada, with no luck. I may have to make a trip to upstate NY next weekend and will look for some there at Wegmans or something.

ithelouniverse

Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
Does anyone drink it black? I've never really added much to my coffee over the years, and this stuff has been on my to try list for quite a while, I was just never sure how to prepare it. And does it have the same caffeine kick as coffee?

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Sorry - ugh. Daughter lives in New Orleans. She took me to Cafe Du Monde once (first & last time). I didn't enjoy the coffee and it was the filthiest place I'd encountered in New Orleans. Last Christmas she brought a can of Chickory coffee home, I did give it a few tries but it's just not my cup-of-tea, so to speak. I do drink my coffee strong and black, perhaps that is the reason.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Al, if you think that is the dirtiest place in N'awlins you obviously have never walked down Bourbon St!!!!! :rofl:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Actually my first and last trip to Bourbon Street was on that same visit, I was equally unimpressed! (there are too many worthy sections of the Quarter to spend any time there). I'll be back down in June for a week (daughters wedding). I'm sure that I'll be providing Chickory coffee at the reception......

Now New Orleans grits, that's a whole other story!

saint007

Dec 22, 2013
It is not Chicory coffee, it is Coffee and Chicory. It became very popular during WW2 when pure coffee was hard to get.
John Fogarty jamming with Bruce and the E Street Band on "Green River" yesterday afternoon at the New Orleans Jazz Fest.

saint007

Dec 22, 2013
Jimmy Buffet shows his appreciation to Alan Toussaint after finding his lost shaker of salt.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Uggg, don't remind me about the Jazz Festival. My wife is in New Orleans this weekend, for the daughters bridal shower. With the impending wedding, we could't afford for both of us to to. Gov't Mule played Saturday night and I believe Wide Spread Panic closes it out again (two of my favorites). Maybe next year......

saint007

Dec 22, 2013
I don't care for Bruce's politics either but he does put on a great live show.
Interestingly, there were a lot of older R n R musicians performing and amazingly little grey hair to be seen. :wink:
That is except for Robert Plant who looked like an old wine-o.
The Fest brings together New Orleans' Jazz, traditional Jazz, Gospel, Blues, Zydeco and Classic Rock.

bryanf

Jul 16, 2013
I'm thinking the Chickory is a French influence because I'm here in France and we drink Chickory coffee each morning. I like it but you have to be careful not to make it too strong or it can become bitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.