PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

bpinkstaff

Might Stick Around
Apr 2, 2024
Rockton, il
Cost $19.99 for 12 ounce bag.

Recommended for change of pace smoke

For years I’ve smoked endless bowls of (mostly) Smoker’s Pride Cherry Cavendish at my office during the workday, and I’m not going to switch brands now. I probably have ten pounds laid back at any time.

The typical bagged value premium cherry is an aro bomb that smells and tastes like cotton candy at the county fair.

Smoker Friendly Cherry is different.

It seems to be a blend of well aged sun cured burley, red Virginia, and black cavendish topped with a tart European cherry sauce. It’s rather difficult to light and keep burning, doesn’t have enough nicotine for my needs, but there are subtle notes of nutty burley and citrus and hay Virginia, and sweet black cavendish. It burns slow, with a fine white ash, no bite, bitterness, or rough edges.

But there’s no candy flavored cherry sweetness. This is a “pipe shop” blend intended to compete with Lane RP-6 and the like. It’s a high quality blend at a value price.

The unique thing about SM Cherry is a wonderful aftertaste of Morello tart cherries, the same as my Grandmother had that were sour to eat but made delicious pies.

That tart cherry sauce is glooped on thick. Pack this blend with a light hand, and get used to relights.

Most value bags of Cherry Pipe Tobacco have Cavendish in their names, not this one.

If I had it to do over, I’d try the $4.99 1 1/2 ounce pouch.

But Smoker Friendly Cherry Pipe Tobacco deserves a trial, I think.

You might like tart cherries, instead of sweet ones.

View attachment 203772View attachment 203773View attachment 203774View attachment 203775View attachment 203776
Outstanding write up I will be trying. I do like the CAO Cheery bomb for sure as well!

Reactions: NE Pipeteer

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I didn't even know there was a Celtic Talisman pipe tobacco. I've been using the snuff for a couple of years. Thank you.
The pipe tobacco came first. I haven't tried either but I remember when they released the snuff a few decades ago (oh God I am getting old).
Have you tried Royal George from Sharrow of Wilson? I feel like if you like that one you might like Royal George the mixture 79 of the snuff world.

The pipe tobacco came first. I haven't tried either but I remember when they released the snuff a few decades ago (oh God I am getting old).
Have you tried Royal George from Sharrow of Wilson? I feel like if you like that one you might like Royal George the mixture 79 of the snuff world.
I just read the description. Rose and violet. I am not a fan of florals. I call those "granny purse". Same with Lakeland pipe blends. For snuff I am a menthol/eucalyptus/camphor, citrus or vanilla kind of guy. As for pipe tobacco, I like most all, save straight Virginias, and the dreaded granny purse blends

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
I just read the description. Rose and violet. I am not a fan of florals. I call those "granny purse". Same with Lakeland pipe blends. For snuff I am a menthol/eucalyptus/camphor, citrus or vanilla kind of guy. As for pipe tobacco, I like most all, save straight Virginias, and the dreaded granny purse blends
For me with snuff I like Sandalwood, florals, and unscented.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
oh and for pipes I find I like it all. And less then liking this variety or that, I find it's more like these are the Englishes I like, these are the burlys I like, this are the etc in this genre I like.
And with snuff frankly the thing is florals, tree sap, and natural scents agree with my nose and don't glue it shut. Though my favorite menthol snuff isn't made anymore. Wit and Wisdom. The menthol was just like a pinch of salt... A hint of menthol but it really opened up the natural tobacco scents. Oh and it was like a toast. Closest thing I've tried on the market is Sparrow Green by Dholakia.
Oh as far as the FireDance snuff is concerned people say it's unnatural and artificial smelling.

Reactions: NE Pipeteer