PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
I noted on a few occasions Chasingembers recommend Black Frigate as a fine smoke. Now he seemed to me as a lad who knew his fore from his aft, so I ordered a tin.

It arrived earlier this week and is tonights after dinner smoke.

Tin note is strong and honestly I could eat this kake. I'm a third or so into the bowl and thoroughly enjoying it. Sweet smokey Rum plum Duff. :)

Black Frigate a ship of the line I say.

oldreddog

Sep 4, 2014
Orley he damm near broadsided me ha ha.

It's certainly a ship I'd go down with.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
hahaha-024.gif

Got another one! Mua-ha-ha!
Seriously, glad you enjoyed it. Always thought it was an unsung gem, and it has become a favorite of mine.

oldreddog

Sep 4, 2014
Thanks for pointing my compass it its direction :)

I'm going to load another bowl directly.

fmgee

Sep 26, 2014
My list of tobaccos I am interested in trying is long. This keeps moving up the list.

stanlaurel

Jan 31, 2015
Will "Black Frigate" ghost a pipe that I plan on using mostly for strong Lat blends anyway? Will the rum flavor bleed into other smokes? Or does it not matter?

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
>> Orley: "chasingembers claims another victim!" -- Scurrilous scalawag dog that he is, he shows no mercy, gives no quarter. Not that I'd have anything to spend it on if I had it.... :twisted:

steamboat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 8, 2017
Black Frigate will ghost a pipe. It is a very strong rum flavor. I have a cob dedicated to those type of blends. I smoke Black Frigate, Plum Cake, Sammy G Navy Flake, And So to Bed in that particular pipe. Black Frigate is one of my favorite blends ever created and its so worth dedicating a pipe towards it.

Jan 8, 2013
and honestly I could eat this kake.
I do! It's great for breakfast! I'll just break it apart in a cereal bowl, add some sliced bananas and milk.... better than Kellogg's Frosted Flakes.
Thanks for pointing my compass it its direction :)
Well... now that's just weird... 8O
Scurrilous scalawag dog that he is, he shows no mercy, gives no quarter.
I had a quarter and he took it! Used it to buy a gumball... it's ok though, he shared after he chewed it for awhile. :mrgreen:
...and hey. Whatever happened to Oldreddog?

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
>>"great for breakfast! I'll just break it apart in a cereal bowl, ... bananas and milk." -- Yer one sick puppy, AR. I like that in a pirate. :twisted:

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Yeah, afraid I have, Mike. }:) I went digging for some info on BF & saw Orley's post about the Captain's [ahem] "recruiting" technique: "Work, swim, or die, blast ye!" I couldn't do any better, so I thieved it. (On the job training, you could say.)

Status
Not open for further replies.