PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
The P & P is the only good one left unless you go to JR's in Burlington or the Tinder Box in Winston.

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
well I was hoping there may have been one more and I have not heard good things about the JRs in Burlington from the folks at JRs in Statesville and the 2 times I have been in Tinderbox the folks working the counter were kinda clueless about pipes.

Nov 20, 2012
Hey y'all! I'll be moving to Fayetteville, NC at the beginning of January. Not too familiar with the layout of the state, but I'm looking forward to checing out some of the place you've listed. And not opposed to driving the distance once a month or so for a club thingy.

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
I'm heading for kernersville/Greensboro area Saturday and will probably be there a week or two. Send me a message if anyone wants to try to get together. My first stop when getting in the area will be JRs in Burlington. I need cigars for my stay.

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
I hope to move to NC at some point probably after my 4 years in the corps. I've spent 2 weeks in Charlotte this last summer and two years ago I spent a month there. I got some good friends that moved there 4 years ago. I love the area. Also love New Orleans.

Currently I'm in eastern WA

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
I'm in the Greensboro/Kernersville area right now. Will be here for a few weeks working. If anyone is close, I could meet you somewhere in the evening for a smoke....... As long as I don't have to drive too far, as I work early morning to early evening. Just send me a PM.

PlanxtyPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2013
I'm just north of Charlotte in Huntersville. Was looking around hoping there was a pipe club in town but it doesn't look like there is anything active. There are the "Carolina Briar Friars" that I've seen reference to (great name), but it looks like all the information is old.

docgarr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2010
On the United Pipe Clubs of America webpage, a Sherlock Holmes Club of Charlotte is listed. It looks like they meet at Outland Cigar Club Lounge

Outland Cigars South Park

4625 Piedmont Row Drive

Charlotte, NC 28210
There's also the Triangle Area Pipes Smokers (TAPS)
Meeting Day/Time

6:30 - 9:00 pm, 2nd Tuesday, Monthly

Meeting Site & Location

Monthly club meeting venue changed to a restaurant, in Raleigh, called "Chow's". It is located at Brennan Station on Brennan Station Drive off of Creedmoor Road, in North Raleigh, N.C.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Raleigh since 1975. Grad school (MFA) at UNCG Greensboro 1972-73. "Married into"

N.C.; my late wife grew up in Kinston, between Raleigh and the coast. Forums is crawling

with North Carolinians. Anyone know Jerry Perry, the pipe carver, in Colfax, N.C. outside

Gboro? He exhibits at the State Fair and at TAPS pipe show. Good Raleigh pipe shop,

Pipes by George, on Hillsborough Street just east of NCSU campus; also, Tinder Box at

Crabtree Valley Mall, just moved into expanded retail space not far from its last location.

Tinder Box has moved at least once before. My J&R is at Smithfield off I-95. Quite an array

of tins and cans of tobacco. Is anyone on Forums not from N.C.? Just kidding.

padgaland

Lurker
Oct 23, 2015
Here is a bump, last post was 2 years ago. I am from Concord, NC very much interested in meeting up. JR has moved to Mooresville, and has a nice smoking lounge.

samanden

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 11, 2013
Alexandria, VA
Before moving to Virginia (and to Houston before that) I lived most of my life in Summerfield, which is a rural town about 15 minutes northwest of Greensboro, NC.

Status
Not open for further replies.