PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

easydraw

Lurker
Nov 23, 2012
Quick question on chain store tobacco shops like the Tinder Box.I was looking at there site and noticed that they did not offer any tins from other manufactures. But you can purchase there brands witch have similar names as to what im looking for. So.. is it there version of a manufactures tobacco, (Dan, Mac Baren, Petersons)or is it actualy anothers companys product and there just putting it in there own jars and selling it?

yorkshirepipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
I had the chance to visit a Tinderbox over Summer while I was in Florida and I believe their loose/house blends aren't blended by anyone else. I may be wrong, but that's what I remember when seeing and talking to the staff.

easydraw

Lurker
Nov 23, 2012
So there loose blends are there own product, and are named in a way to represent a certain type of popular tobacco flavor?

easydraw

Lurker
Nov 23, 2012
Makes more sence to me then,that a large chain store like the Tinder Box would purchase in bulk from other makers and resale it that way. I live out in BFE Nevada and dont have much access to tobacco shops with in 200 miles. So for me I would like to buy in bulk (16oz bags)when I get close to one, and before the man puts a stop to internet sales. And the Tinder box is the closed pipe tobacco shop for me other than indian smoke shops that dont carry pipe tobaccos.

easydraw

Lurker
Nov 23, 2012
Just thinking for now its cheaper to purchase orders for "me" using the internet shops. The way things are looking for tobacco users in the future, Uncle Sam will try and stop sales over the net or make it to expencive as an option. Or maybe im just paranoid to...

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Your not paranoid easydraw.It is just a matter of time till they figure out a way to tax the piss out of our beloved bacci my friend.I for one, continue to stash more and more!Its for "The Children" you know they do this.. :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.