PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
I stumbled into this completely by chance. On my last day in Paris, my father said "bring home a French aromatic!" The nearest tobacconist had a usual complement of non-aro tobaccos seen in other shops, and this "Chacom n.3" was the aro they had. I do a quick look-up with my phone at Tobaccoreviews: Virginia, Burley, Cavendish, with Vanilla and Bourbon. OK! And you can't get more French than Chacom, right? €30 to the clerk and into my pocket it went. On the way home, I look it up and discover it is:
1. Crafted by an American
2. Made in Germany
3. from tobaccos and flavors from anywhere but France
4. available in the US at 1/3 the price
Go figure, LOL! (Though looking today, cannot find it in stock anywhere in US--which is very sad.)

Back home and have been enjoying it now for a couple months.

It. Is. Fantastic!

I'm not a big aro guy. Autumn Evening utterly eludes my interest, Trout stream smells nice, but bores me to the core in the pipe. Lane 1-Q: I guess I'm not sophisticated enough in the ways of the pipe to care about this (yet).
I do like some aros, or crossover aros if that is what they may be. I like We Three Kings. I like Bob's Chocolate Flake. I like Royal Yacht, and Peretti Thanksgiving Day, even Condor (which pungently ghosts my clothes, me, and the local vicinity). And I LOVE Sillem's Blue of all things! What these aros all are, imho, are not primarily cavendish blends, but well crafted balanced tobaccos. Chacom n.3 is up there with the best of them. The tin note is delicious, a bit of air time helped it work for me in my pipes, but now its been in a jar for a bit, good to go, pack and light and enjoy! Shane Ireland does a great jobof describing n.3 here I think.

Great body, flavor, aroma, smoking quality. Very glad I stumbled upon it. Thank you, @jeremyreeves for creating this masterful aromatic! I want to find a few more tins. Please keep making it!

Last edited: