PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoneheaven

Lurker
Jan 21, 2017
I find that all of the Esoterica blends I have purchased remain moist in their bags for quite some time, even after being opened. I use a bag clip to keep them closed once opened. They use a foil-type bag, which seems to work better than simple cellophane. But, an ounce of prevention....

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I feel that the bags are fairly reliable for long term storage but I like to split the bag up into four jars.
1- Just to be on the safe side.

2- I can open and smoke one jar without interrupting the aging of the other unopened jars. :puffy:

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Sometimes, tastes change. Or you might need some cash. Opening the bag destroys the resale possibilities. - Woodsroad
Woodsroad hit the nail on the head. When buying multiples of a certain tobacco, it is best to leave whatever you are no smoking in their original bags or tins. Tastes do change (more often than not), and what you like today you may not like tomorrow. I can't count the number of people who send me multiples of tins/bags to sell that they originally purchased because they liked the blend only to find out later that due to changing tastes, their love of blend X had petered out.
The current Esoterica Gold Mylar bags are very well done and are made to retain an air exchange free environment for the tobacco enclosed for many years. Now, if you bought just one bag and plan to smoke the contents, then yes, a move to a mason jar and then storage in a cool, dry and dark environment is certainly preferable.

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
+1 pipestud's comment.
I'm horrible with most of my tobacco as I want to try every blend I get, regardless. I have several opened tins that really need to be moved over to a jar and properly re-humidified, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.