PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliguy

Might Stick Around
Jul 30, 2010
I'm with wolfscout on this one. If you want to interview Charliez Theron for instance, I'd be more than happy to do an advance interview for you Kevin (on your dime of course) I don't think she smokes at all, but who really cares?

periquepapa

Lurker
Jan 10, 2011
I am a huge fan of ‘the Culinary Quaffer’ Baron Ambrosia, host of food show ‘Bronx Flavor’. I initially started watching his first show Underbelly when it was only online after seeing the logo of him smoking a pipe (my avatar). Very seldom have I seen him NOT smoking a pipe. Although he is ‘pretty New York local’ I am pretty sure I am not the only person who would love to read a Pipes Magazine interview where he just talks about his pipe smoking/collecting.

http://www.westchestermagazine.com/Blogs/Eat-Drink-Post/November-2009/Baron-Ambrosia-Better-than-Vampires-and-Anthony-Bourdain/

bogie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2010
Just watched a bunch of IN THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT reruns and Carrol O connors character CHIEF GILLESPIE smokes a pipe. Looks like a nice one too.

hfdpipe

Might Stick Around
Oct 28, 2010
CT
I doubt you will find a bigger celebrity than Bob Vila :lol:

bob-vila-this-old-house.jpg

johnscs

Might Stick Around
May 23, 2009
I found a couple of shots of Chris Wolstenholme enjoying his pipe. Let's see if my attempt at loading the image works ...

75313582.jpg

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
For those that don't know...
Chris Wolstenholme is a musician and the bassist and backing vocalist for the rock band Muse. He also sometimes plays Banjo or keyboard instead of bass.

ulsterpaddy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 22, 2010
Muse rocks. I watched the short series of Steven Fry in America. Is he still smoking a pipe? He would be a 'jolly' interview.

dd951

Can't Leave
Jun 18, 2010
I just watched A movie Tim Holt as the stagecoach kid,,,in it he smoked A pipe. I trided to find A picture of him smoking couldn't find one. Below is part of his bio I did find.
In 5th Ave Girl (1939) with Ginger Rogers Tim was seen onscreen with a pipe for this first time. He smoked pipes from an early age and had an impressive collection. He was often photographed with a pipe in family pictures. While living in Pacific Palisades with Virginia and son Lance, born in 1940; the family had a pet German Shepard named "Tell" a descendent of the famous silent film star Strongheart the Dog. The Holts also had a small ranch in the San Fernando valley.

domd

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2011
What shape/brand pipe is that from the "THERE WILL BE BLOOD" scenes? I felt I had to capitalize it cause it was a great movie.

yoru

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2011
looks like a smooth and rounded sort of bulldog. If it is a brand I have no idea which. (it could be a prop, but there's a decent chance it isn't)

nyed001

Might Stick Around
Feb 1, 2011
I dont want those of you who live in California to jump all over me but I read an article and saw a picture of the governator smoking a pipe.

nyed001

Might Stick Around
Feb 1, 2011
Thanks Craig,just located the same pic.

Sorry Kevin,I still cant find the article.

cacooper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2009
Parker, CO
Just watched an interesting film last night, "A Dangerous Method", directed by David Cronenberg. It stars Viggo Mortensen as Sigmund Freud and Michael Fassbender as Carl Jung. The film is about the relationship between the two and their eventual differing philosophies about psychiatric treatment. Also starring is Keira Knightley as their mutual patient. Jung eventually has an affair with her, leading to much complexities. It's a beautifully filmed, well acted period piece definitely worth a viewing.
Mortensen (Freud) is seen smoking cigars throughout the picture, and Fassbender (Jung) smokes a pipe in several scenes. He also tamps, cleans and fills the pipe. Numerous pipes in racks are visible on his desk and his surrounds. The detail in this film is fascinating.
I've searched for a photo still showing Fassbender with his pipe, but to no avail. Guess you'll just have to rent it or Netflix it.
Caution: This film is rated R. Lots of frank sexual language and scenes, typical of Freud. Probably not good for the little ones. Also, the dialog is intricate and complex at times. And the story developes slowly, requiring patience.
CACooper

Status
Not open for further replies.