PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessicac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2014
So I just got a letter... acceptance for law school...

now, getting my granddad's Meer, some Pete Irish Whisky and a bottle of Bowmore to celebrate!

jessicac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2014
Cheers guys. I'll be doing the Juris Doctor at Sydney.
Looking forward to telling mum that instead of breeding, I'd be lawyering. :)

jessicac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2014
Lots of mothers in the family tree, no lawyers (or graduates for that matter) till now.
Now... what's the best pipe for a law student.. (joking)

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
For a right winger it would be a church warden...kinda kills two birds with its name.

For someone with a more progressive attitude you smoke whatever you damned well feel like.

Do you know what kind of law you want to pursue? I'm excited for you, because I remember when my daughter got her acceptance. It seems like yesterday, but it was about 4 yrs ago. She has been working on 'fellowships' since graduation and her focus is environmental. She's passed the bar in two States and is awaiting results for the AK bar exam. I'm not too freaking proud of my kid.

jessicac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2014
Heh, how's your daughter finding the career? Yeah, left or right for me, is dependant on the issue at hand.
But ideally, looking at arts law or animal lib.

jessicac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2014
Tax law? My right brain is (if I do say so myself) my strong side. Left brain is like Paris Hilton after a lobotomy.
Besides, I barely passed my accounting classes in undergrad.. :)

jmui

Might Stick Around
May 5, 2015
Congratulations on your fine achievement! Enjoy the smoke!

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Heh, how's your daughter finding the career?
It's really quite amazing what she's had to do to pursue a career practicing law after graduation. I'd read all kinds of horror stories about Harvard grads who couldn't get positions....and in general, that there were lots of lawyers vying for jobs.

The work she's had to put in since she started Law School seems to be superhuman, and she was looking for her next job the day she started her first one year fellowship with Earth Justice in Philadelphia, in addition to performing her duties there.

Looking back on it, I am still so impressed with her tenacity, which I know she gets from her mom.

I realize now, it was only in 2013 that she graduated. Seems like she's been working for 5 years.

Here we are outside her crib in Hyde Park that year.

turnpike-lobby-307-600x450.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.