PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
My son sawed out a block of cedar to carve this tamper. He put whitetail antler on both ends and used a mahogany stain. It came out real nice IMHO.

FDh6ckm.jpg

Reactions: SaxonX

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Thank you, gents. I'm hopeful he will start carving again; he never has gotten over that nasty cut a few years ago.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
Outstanding!! My sincerest compliments!! And you'll treasure it always! :clap: :clap: :clap:

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Greg:
That's a beautiful tamper. I missed the post(s) concerning your son's accident and hope he'll recover fully.
The tamper on Bradley's porch is fabulous. It's used and weathered and that's the way I feel most days. What's not to love?
Fnord

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Very nice work.

Brad, what sized batteries does that take?

I went over to the softball field yesterday (July 4th) and some of the guys were having a little scrimmage.

I had brought a pipeful and lit it up as I sat under a tree on the corner of a bleacher seat.

After a few minutes and needing a tamp, I reached for the golf tea I thought I'd remembered, and it wasn't there.

My first thought was to reach for my keys and then I looked at the ground below and saw twigs. (!) Ah, a twig! That's the ticket!

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
That's a beautiful tamper. I missed the post(s) concerning your son's accident and hope he'll recover fully.
He has physically but its mind over matter at this point. He gashed his thumb with a carving knife a couple of Christmas' ago (12 stitches I think) and is "blade-shy" still. Thanks for asking, Fnord.

Status
Not open for further replies.