PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Well, Secretariat was my all time favorite race horse. I personally think he was better than Man O' War but guess I'd need to find a different forum to start an argument there. He was sort of a dud at stud... but don't forget he produced Lady's Secret, Risen Star and General Assembly.
Dadgum, now you've gone and gotten me to talking about horse racing, Peck. To get back on track, I am smoking a Russ Cook sandblasted billiard loaded up with Esoterica's Tilbury as I rank my all time top 5 race horses below and would be interested to see yours -
1. Secretariat

2. Man O' War

3. Seattle Slew

4. Citation

5. Zenyatta
Pipestud

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
That's a heady list. Kelso raced 'til he was 100 years old, I think... I thought sure that you'd have Sunny's Halo on your list. He is the Canadian horse that came to the USA, won the Kentucky Derby and then left again. I can't remember the year but I think it was in the 1980s. The reason I remember Sunny's Halo is that he stood at stud for awhile down here in Texas and is still the state's all-time leading Thoroughbred sire by progeny earnings.

Dec 24, 2012
Three months ago I reported on the Cavallo Sea Rock Castello that I received as a present from my wife. Today I won another Cavallo Castello Collection billiard on e-bay. Thought I would post pics here, as they really are a set in my mind.

easygoer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 31, 2013
Once again Peck great looking pipes. Big race fan myself. I was only 2 years old but I was at Woodbine for Secretariat's last race.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
Very Nice! They will be a great looking set. They would look sooo good in a Castello 2 pipe case when out and about. 8O

lqjones

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 8, 2013
I love that finish on Castellos. No one does it better IMHO. Congrats on that pipe, it is a real looker.

castellarius

Might Stick Around
Oct 20, 2013
Congratulations on the wonderful Castello.

The silver work is exceptionally beautiful and of course the finish of the pipe too. Seen those beauties in the Castello Factory in Cantù, and I was very tempted to grab one too, except they told me that those pipes were already sold to various shops so they couldn't sell it to me :( Who knows, maybe I've seen your pipe too in the factory :D

Status
Not open for further replies.