PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

WVpiper3

Lurker
Feb 15, 2023
West Virginia
Lately I have been puffing my Castellos hard, and have come to appreciate the coveted sea rock and BEAUTIFUL craftsmanship that Castello puts out as a whole. Something about the their pipes just really calls to me. I'm curious to think what everyone else thinks and would love to see some pictures of your favorite Castello's in your collection and hear some back story about their particular choice. I've been on a shape 15 kick due to its weight, classic proportions, what about you all?

Reactions: macaroni and JOHN72

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I used to look at Castellos and think they were kind of odd but the more I look at them the more I’m drawn to them. There’s one I’m eyeing right now but it fair bit out of my price range.

Reactions: macaroni

WVpiper3

Lurker
Feb 15, 2023
West Virginia
I have several Castello and like them all. I suppose my favorite is a bent egg, shape 93. The one complaint I have is that sometimes they really screw up the button, making it way too big.
I can agree with you there in my experience alot of the kkkk size pipes are alittle wide on the button

Reactions: macaroni

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
I love Castellos and have since the 70s. My first back then was a 55 (I 🤔). Have had lots over the years, got a few now and smoke a well used poker several times a week. It makes a great pipe for a long soak in the tub 😉

americaman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Had a Sea Rock KKK, half smooth half rusticated. Loved the look of it and loved the markings. It was heavy and had a draw that was “too” wide open. I ended up selling it.

Reactions: Charly

PurePipes

Lurker
Jan 13, 2022
I have several Castello and like them all. I suppose my favorite is a bent egg, shape 93. The one complaint I have is that sometimes they really screw up the button, making it way too big.

One of my favorite things about the Castellos I have are the buttons. I like big buttons. They sit so easily in the mouth.

Reactions: dog_park_piper

NC TX ID pipeman

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 25, 2021
North Carolina,Texas,Idaho
Honestly I try to like them but 90% of their shapes are just ugly as hell...I only own one Castello older oom paul which is beautifull comparing to their newer reshaped oom pauls..Great air flow wide open...Shape 55 is their ugliest shape ever!!The most beautifull is shape 63 and aristocratica finish but I can not find it in a shape I like..But enjoy them guys if you like them..