Caramel Ghost With A Hint Of Cinnamon

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

chasingembers

Preferred Member
Nov 12, 2014
A lot of estate pipes I have picked up over the years have this ghost. Is it 1-Q, or something else? Smells very pleasant.

chasingembers

Preferred Member
Nov 12, 2014
It sometimes is heartbreaking to remove that smell. Just smells so old timey. :mrgreen: May have to go with the ghost and make them 1-Q pipes.

sjmiller

May 8, 2015
1Q ghosts can be killed by Five Brothers. It make take 6 or 8 bowls but it can do the job.

chasingembers

Preferred Member
Nov 12, 2014
1Q ghosts can be killed by Five Brothers. It make take 6 or 8 bowls but it can do the job.
Oh, I've killed it a few times with alcohol and Carter Hall, just curious as to what it was. It really is a pleasant smell, and smells like smoke I remember when I was a kid.

bluegrasspipe

Preferred Member
Jan 13, 2017
Is it 1-Q, or something else?
Does it have a very floral smell to it? I got an estate pete from Greece and it took a ton of cleaning, and smoking to get that ghost exercised.. And also for me it was probably the 3rd pipe which had the same ghosting.. I may have to pick up some 1-Q to verify. But in a cob, definitely a cob.. :puffpipe:

bluegrasspipe

Preferred Member
Jan 13, 2017
Why not just smoke through it?
I basically had to, because even after a few salt treatments, and alcohol cleaning it was definitely there. I smoked about 6 bowls of Vapers through it before it finally went away..
BTW here it is after polishing and cleaning, soft sanding the stem.. Captain, I apologizing for pirating your thread..
[/URL]
[/URL]