PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Buy it! I think it is a vast improvement over the regular Captain Black White. It has a really creamy smoke that tastes strongly (doesn't seem like a light aro to me, more full flavored) of chocolate and marshmellows. I immediatley loved the flavor at first light, it seemed to lessen a bit throughout the smoke but it was really enjoyable, it seems to have very little bite (even a little wet right out of the pouch) and it does have a nicotine hit, so I am guessing it is around medium strength. It burns down absolutely perfectly, it truely was a one light only smoke, very rare. I mostly smoke Full Virginia Flake, Penzance, Orlik Golden Sliced, Golden Glow, and various aromatics. This will definitely make it into my lineup some where, I just regret only buying one pouch from SmokingPipes.com, it was under $3 for 1.5oz! I ran out of pipecleaners and thought, might as well, since I had to buy those anyways and I wasn't about to settle for Dill's cleaners at the local shop (talk about very thin wires with nothing on e'm). So at half price, check it out, I quite like it :)
On second thought, it is a lot like Lane's 1-Q, I think it's significantly better, but the flavor and smell are very simular, it definitely seems stronger though in flavor, smell, and nicotine.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
So... It's like 1Q and Penzance had a baby.
And as we all know, mixed couples have a reputation for having the most beautiful babies... lol

soggycitybob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2013
Portland, OR
That sounds like good news. I jumped on the special price bandwagon for the Dark as well and am anxiously awaiting shipment to arrive....

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
So... It's like 1Q and Penzance had a baby.
LOL, Spartan! It's just Black Cavendish with flavoring added. I don't see how an English would relate...

austinxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 25, 2012
Got a bag in a promo offer thing a few months ago (might have been linked here or Johnnyxpipe sent it to me) to pick out a free bag of Captain Black, Top, Sail, etc. I chose the dark and was surprised in comparison with what I've had from them. Definitely creamy, and I can see where you pick up chocolate. I'm not sure if I was tasting marshmallows or Vanilla myself. In my early early days of the hobby all I knew was Captain Black White, it had became the entire pipe smoking hobby for me itself in a sense. The dark is a very cost effective way to get a smooth sweet smoke at a nice price and if all you have to choose from is Admiral Tobacco!

youngpiper1

Might Stick Around
Jun 6, 2013
I am a bit nervous to try captain black, as I have been told it gunks up your pipe too much. Would you mind telling me after a few smokes how much it gunks it up? How often does one have to clean a pipe if smoking captain black in it every day

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
I gave a package to a friend that had heard it was out but couldn't find it anywhere. We both agree, it's a keeper. Not outstanding, but a pleasant, relaxing, enjoyable smoke.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
LOL, Spartan! It's just Black Cavendish with flavoring added. I don't see how an English would relate...
You said full flavored, I jumped to English. I guess full flavored means the same inside my head. I'd probably add some Latakia to it anyway. Just a pinch per once :)

youngpiper1

Might Stick Around
Jun 6, 2013
A friend of mine needs to borrow my bass for his graduation party. I told him for some captain black dark and a corn cob to try it in , and if he picked me up and gave me a ride to the party I was in, I wonder what looks I will get at the party, being an 18 year old smoking a corncob pipe

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
I have smoked this new blend for more than a week now . I have been a smoker of BCA for more than 30 years.

I must say Captain Black Dark is much better , I give it 5 stars . :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.