PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

MichaelMP5

Lurker
Dec 20, 2023
I just discovered Capstan. I love the original blue. The yellow is almost as good. I just put an order in for 20 tins of blue at SP. they don’t offer it in bigger packaging do they?

Reactions: JOHN72 and Leomania

Uguccione

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2024
Italy
The Capstan was my first great love and still, 40 years later, it is at the top of my list of favourites.
In Italy blue and yellow have rarely been available at the same time.
Either there was one, or there was the other.
Maybe that's why I've never been able to pick up on the differences between the two (lol, I actually have a terrible palate).
In any case, with Capstan - either yellow or blue (if you like pure Virginia) - you always land on your feet. Great tobacco.
Here it has always been a fairly cheap tobacco, let's say mid-range, but with the latest increases (I think €18/50gr.) it has almost reached the prices of the more expensive ones.

Reactions: JOHN72 and Leomania

Cwhatch

Lurker
Feb 23, 2024
Florida
Yellow is similar to Orlik Golden Sliced. A bit more bright Virginia and the topping used is citrus/zesty.
Blue is a bit darker and instead of citrus has a bready cinnamon raisin bread flavor.
I just opened and smoked my first tin of Capstan Blue and could not put my finger on what I was tasting. Your description has helped me pin it down. I will sleep peacefully knowing the code has been cracked. Thanks!