PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
I bought this 50gm tin last year during a visit to Lafayette , Louisiana . I placed it in my cypress tobacco locker to age for a while . I had never tried this blend previously , and only bought it on impulse , along with a few other tins . Upon opening the tin and unfolding the foil , a nice mild vanilla aroma filled my nose , leading me to believe I was in for a pleasant smoke . I packed a bowl in my Stanwell horn , which I aquired upon my visit with the Old Cajun . I lit it with a match from P&C.COM . Medium in strength . No Vanilla flavor tasted . Room note was only tolerable . I must say , this is the 3rd dissapointment with CAO . The taste of this tobacco was unpleasant to say the least . I decided to dry a bowl in my old 1940's kaywoodie rhodesian with drinkless system , which IMHO does tame some baccys with bite . No dice . Its safe to say I will not buy anything with the name CAO on the tin ever again . I was also dissapointed with the elieens pipe dream , irish cream and white chocolate truffel , another CAO blend . More like wet charred turd ! Beware LOL .

michalski

Lurker
Apr 16, 2013
I also tried CAI Bella Vanilla, two different pipes...no joy!
SO I have a tin thats almost completely full available for trade.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
Wow, tough crowd. Bella Vanilla was one of the first tins I ever tried and remember it fondly. Maybe because I was so new to the pipe, maybe because I only smoked aros then (mostly English/Balkan now), maybe my tastes just changed. Not sure. I know I loved my first tin of CAO Moontrance, but only rarely smoke the still open second tin anymore.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I also enjoyed Eileen's dream and Moontrance. I still smoke them, but not very often. I like them a lot better when I let them breathe. I usually transfer them to jars; it fluffs up the baccy and lets them air out a bit; they've been sticky moist everytime I've opened a tin. Not enough air in there I guess. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.