PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

balcifer

Lurker
Jul 9, 2013
Was wondering if anyone know if there are any pipe and cigar events that are being held here in Canada? So far all I have seen are event that take place in the United States and Europe but none in Canada so I am wondering if there are any events that are held in any Canadian city like Montreal, Toronto or in western Canada?

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Hi Balcifer, non-smoking legislation, as well as the restrictions on tobacco advertising as well as the cost of licensing tobacco sales have made these kind of events practically extinct here in Canada.
I'd recommend, if possible, joining a local pipe-club to take advantage of the sharing, sampling and trading that goes on locally. Where are you located? I know of active pipe clubs in Toronto, Oshawa, and Edmonton, and there has been some chatter here about a club starting in the Calgary area.
If you are in the GTA and want to come out to our monthly meet-up in Oshawa, toss me a PM.
Cheers,
-- Pat

balcifer

Lurker
Jul 9, 2013
Hi Pruss sad to hear that there are no pipe and cigar event here in Canada I live in Montreal and just found out about a the Montreal Pipe Smoking Club that meets once month. I am hoping to attend their next meeting this November 23, 2013 around 4:30pm at Stogies Cigar Bar. If I get to GTA I will let you know have a good smoke pruss.

masterpython

Might Stick Around
Sep 18, 2013
A tobacconist had a booth at Calgary Beerfest and was selling cigars so it is not impossible.
But my understanding of the laws is that it you could only have tobacconists from one province. The logistics would mean that the best show you could pull off in Canada would be getting all the tobacconists from one province to have a booth and get as many pipe makers and clubs to have booths or tables. I am not even sure if that would fill a hotel convention room in Quebec or Ontario. Plus everyone would have to smoke outside unless you set up a con-suite in room that allowed smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.