PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdphc8

Lurker
Jan 3, 2010
Interested to see if anyone knows what pipe this is..
http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/12/24/puff-piece-sherlock-holmes-piping-hot/

pipegangster

Might Stick Around
Dec 29, 2009
Upstate NY
No idea what it is. It could be a number of different brands with that type of shape. Unless they showed some kind of markings on the pipe in the picture, I think it will be very difficult to find out exactly which brand it is. It almost looks like a GBD Prehistoric but the stem would have GBD inside a gold circle on the left side.

falconeer

Lurker
Dec 17, 2009
Cant't really tell from the picture, but look closely at the bottom of where the stem joins the pipe - it doesn't quite match 100% smoothly - I actually wonder if it's a fairly cheap 'basket pipe' supplied by the Props Dept?
Given that "product placement" is big you'd think that pipe makers would be clamouring to have their pipes used, but you'd expect them to want their logo shown.
The other extreme is it might just be a Dunhill Shell, but it's that join that bothers me.
I could be well wrong though - I have been plenty of times before!
Gerry

pipegangster

Might Stick Around
Dec 29, 2009
Upstate NY
Great job pipedawg!!! I guess I will be contacting you for all of my mystery pipe questions. How did you ever find that out?

Status
Not open for further replies.