PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stacen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2011
assad, do you live in Vancouver by chance? I ask because this same experience happened to me about a week ago while i was there for a course. a young Aboriginal fellow came up and asked me the same thing???? I was down on the water in the downtown area. I thought it was very strange and told the fellow no. TO me it seemed rude to intrude on a person obviously enjoying some solitude, and extra rude to ask to share a personal item.

nclinsey

Lurker
Jun 23, 2011
I think I would be really weirded out if some stranger asked for a haul off my pipe. That said, I will happily share my pipe with a friend if they are interested in trying a proper pipe...so far only my drummer has expressed any interest outside of my wife.

I would however, offer a pinch of 'baccy if the person had a paper.

zunismoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2010
NC
Love the clip from Woodstock! I have a best friend that also smokes a pipe. We commonly trade off and smoke each others pipes to try something new. But that is someone I know very well. No way would I do the same for someone on the street!

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Just one pipe I'll let others suck on and for the most part I keep it zipped tight and I never need to try to put it in My mouth. Asking to use ones pipe is like asking to use there toothbrush.

rick777

Lurker
Jun 16, 2011
LOL
I had a similar experience last fall.

I was parked outside a local flea market waiting for the GF to come out with her haul.

A rather insidious looking young fellow came out. As he was walking past me he stopped and asked if he could have a hit.

I gently informed him that this was pipe tobacco and nothing else. I even let him smell the tin. He was actually quite polite.

He seemed to be ok, but proceeded to tell me how the security guards had kicked him out because some guy took exception to him ogling a girl and a fight ensued.

He then proceeded to tell me, and demonstrate by beating up the air, how he was going to mess the guy up when he came out.

He was quite amusing.

About 15 minutes into his tirade he spotted security making its way around the building and took off.

I told the GF and she had a mini fit over it.
Life can be interesting...

locopony

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 7, 2011
Its an easy solution. When hour asked for a smoke say. I'll trade ya for an apple. Bring the apple with ya when you come and I'll give ya a smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.