PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

archerdarkpint

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 23, 2010
Have been to Bulgaria. Awesome Springtime/early Summer weather. Nice people and good food. Depends where you go, but many people spoke English very well...music on the radio was nearly all Top 40 from the U.S. Further-gee whiz; a Balkan State, Oriental tobaccos are cultivated there too.

More importantly, best wishes, safety, and luck to you on your mission.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
You are doing a great thing I hope you have thought it through completely. You will be taking away business from the Russian mob and they do not let people mess with their income stream. I hope you understand the world in which you will find yourself in. People who have no regard for human life are the kind of people you will be dealing with. They will shoot you in the head with out a thought.

Jwebb90

Lifer
Feb 17, 2020
Ruse, Bulgaria
So I just stumbled upon this thread. How are things in Bulgaria in general and how is the pipe smoking over there?
Life in Bulgaria is wonderful! My family and I are living in a city the North of Bulgaria called Ruse. It’s a beautiful little city. It’s known as “Little Vienna” because its architecture is as modeled after Vienna. However, communism came and really robbed this once culturally rich city of much of its beauty. Despite this we love where we live.

You can’t find much pipe tobacco here except for Clan and Captain Black. I have some colleagues who travel back to the states once on twice a year and I always have them bring me back some tobacco. Turns out there is a local pipe club. I met up with them once this fall. Unfortunately, there’s not a place for us to meet during the cold weather so we’ll have to wait until the spring to have another meet up.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
@Jwebb90

I may have asked this already in the past—if so, please forgive me for asking again. Is your situation like a tour of duty where you’ll do a four-year stint in Bulgaria, then move on to another country? Do you work for a company that sent you there or was this completely by choice? Will you return to the USA and be reunited on a more permanent basis with your pipes and tobacco?

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Oh wow, was always wondering what took you to Bulgaria, I never noticed this post before. 🤔

Was just thinking about you when I was smoking Telegraph Hill last night, since you mentioned before you liked this blend.

I hope all is well in Ruse, and please keep sharing some Bulgarian pics, I love geography.

Take care, happy holidays and happy new year, to you and your family. 🎄 🎁 🥳 ❤️

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Regardless of the pipes and tobacco, thank you and your wife for what you're doing for these victims. I think it is beyond appalling that sex trafficking is such a common occurrence and much more isn't done to eliminate it. The idea this exists in this day of age is outrageous. May God Bless you, your family and all the people in your ministry serving these abused ladies.

If once you get there, you find you're needing tobacco, please contact me and I'll gladly send you a package.
^^This^^ and likewise on the tobacco needs. Thanks for saying what needed to be said, Mark.