PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Work's been kicking my rear-end since Labor Day. I may or may not make it. I'll let you guys know early on the 14th.
In the mean time, my number of daily bowls has drastically declined to one in the morning and one before hitting the sack. I'm starting to get mad :evil:
But hey, I have a job, which is still a lot better than many others out there. So I'm grateful

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
When my non-tech sister was threatened by the Y2K phantom bogeyman and thought the world was going to end, she bought $5,000 worth of seeds, non-perishable foods and two goats, in case she got thirsty. When she moved to a house without land, I got the damn goats. Every day when I fed them, watered them or changed the straw out in their goat kennel, I cursed Bill Gates.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
I'm out.

Day started at 6:15, just finished up at 21:35. Boss coming in from CA on Friday to meet. So no working from home on Friday. I'll be down here in Austin.
For those that care, I'm ok, but some people sat on stuff while I was on vacation and even though I started pushing and reminding people when I got back, some of them never got the message. They must have suffered from some power outage coz' their light bulb never went off. Fun days ahead.
So yeah, my job has its pros and cons. When things are going well, I can take 2-3 hours to go meet up. When things don't... It's 15 hour days easily. Unfortunately right now, I'm in the latter. And then someone had the nerve to complain because I was somewhat upset with them for sitting on something since Aug 3rd... HR sensitivity training, here I come :puffpipe:
But I'm still blessed :rofl: Autumn Evening with a BIG glass of Jack ;-)

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Damn. See you on the next one. Now what are we going to do if lonestar brings us some Natural Light and we all have to be polite company?

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Baron: Let me know if I drunk dialed you last night.... I can't remember and didn't see anything in my phone log this morning, so I guess I didn't :rofl:
Thanks for the sympathy guys. I'll miss the great company and sampling. On the other hand, every job has its frustrations. I'm glad I have one :puffy: Although I could do with a little more peace and quiet right now. But this too shall pass.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
I'm going to sit this one out. Been fighting a bug for a few weeks now and thought I had kicked it but I feel like crap this morning. Dont even feel like having a pipe :crying:

uapiper

Lurker
Sep 30, 2010
Looks like I'll still be able to slide by. Won't be able to stay as long as last time but I'll see y'all in a few.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
About to leave Austin in 30 minutes.. guess I'll be late. I'll have a bowl to your health on my lonesome drive :puffy:

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
We missed you there. It was me, UApiper and simnettpratt. I picked up some more black Shag since I liked it so much and I'll have to get fnord to send me another sample of Vanguard because simnettpratt tried it and really liked it. I like it too. I'meeting up with Chris soon to swap box pass stuff so maybe we can all get together then.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Yeah, missed the rest of the gang, but it was still fun. Two of those same cops came in for some cigars. Again though, we were the only pipers.
Thanks to baron for the pipeinhand Vanguard: first English I've liked. See you guys on the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.