PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2010
black with any tobacco--
to pin it a bit more closely, Nantucket Blend or Newman's Own are two that i particularly enjoy--no special tobacco--

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Turkish coffee when I have the energy to make it. It sure is an eye-opener. :lol:

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
If you asked me a few years ago - I would say any coffee by Peets. However, I have found I like some blends that my local Safeway carries. In fact, mixing beans has become something my wife and I like to do for fun and interest. Right now we tried mixing a Double Chocolate whole Bean with an Espresso Roast. Very yummy and a perfect Evening cup.
If I am "Good" my wife wakes me up with a morning cup of coffee (Espresso Roast) & a bagel.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I prefer Dunkin' Donuts' brand, but have settled on a suitable substitute in Hills Bros. Original Blend Mild Roast.

It's more economical given the enormous quantity I drink. This is a great thread because it got me to reflect on

why I prefer the milder coffee -- the same reason I smoke milder tobaccos: the amount that I consume would

overwhelm me by day's end if I used richer or stronger blends. :puffpipe:

arinbjorn

Might Stick Around
Sep 14, 2011
I don't know a whole lot about coffee. I just got a can of Yuban USDA Organic and it's pretty bloody good, IMO.
Might be the start of a new "hobby" :wink:

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Tim Hortons XL double double. I drink 4 aday.. Only the ones before and after work do I get to smoke with. Goes well with almost any tobaccos I've tried =D ( except sweeter baccos, probably be better if I didn't have them with sugar with though)
Yes; although I forego the "double/double" and just order up the thick black goodness, and limit myself to one a day (too much caffine and the tinnitus becomes a dull roar).

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
juni, how do you make turkish coffee? I always enjoy something new. And for me, coffee began in a similar way that pipe smoking did. I dabbled and then got more into it. They are both alot of fun. This is why i asked was b/c i thought it'd be cool to get new ideas from others and learn about different blends, both coffee and tobacco. Thanks romeowood! Smoking a pipe+drinking coffee=paradise :!:

whitebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2010
Yes; although I forego the "double/double" and just order up the thick black goodness, and limit myself to one a day (too much caffine and the tinnitus becomes a dull roar).
oh gee--is caffine what's causing my tinnitus?--i've had it since i was a teenager--
well, i guess i've had it long enough to be used to it, and i won't stop coffee to cure it :?

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
So then there is no separation of the grounds and the coffee after brewing? Ha! that stuff looked like sludge! Guess I'll have to give it a go. Thx dude.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
No, it'll float to the bottom of the cup, so don't drink everything in a big gulp. :lol:
You will need an ibrik though.

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
Dude that stuff looks like you could remove battery acid with it! What kind of bean do you use?

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Basically any bean will do, but it has to be ground to a baby powder like state. You can also buy actual turkish coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.