PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I don't misunderstand anything, they aren't using Italian Dark Fired in any of the blends, all the DFK is sourced from KY/TN

I'm aware Toscano cigars use both the Italian Dark Fired and US sourced DFK as filler. Its the Italian Dark Fired I'm after.

Big sad.
wonder how controlled that leaf is? How available outside of Italy it is? Which are two similar but not the same thing.

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
I’ll be interested to hear if there’s much similarity to the Savinelli 140th Anniversary Blend. The DF florets it contained are basically Toscano cutoffs. Same with C&D’s Sansepolcro blend. At least, I think that’s my understanding.

FWIW, my personal preference in dry Italian-style cigars are Kentucky Cheroots, made in the USA. I like the Toscano brand, too, but happen to prefer the American-made one.

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
I’ll be interested to hear if there’s much similarity to the Savinelli 140th Anniversary Blend. The DF florets it contained are basically Toscano cutoffs. Same with C&D’s Sansepolcro blend. At least, I think that’s my understanding.

FWIW, my personal preference in dry Italian-style cigars are Kentucky Cheroots, made in the USA. I like the Toscano brand, too, but happen to prefer the American-made one.
I’ve been going back and forth between Toscanos and Kentucky Cheroots. My cigar smoking friends are always surprised when I offer them a cheroot and they like it:)

Peter Turbo

Lifer
Oct 18, 2021
CT, USA

Probably not since they dropped the ball and didn't use any Italian Dark Fired in any of these blends. Go figure.

Reactions: KruegerFlap

KruegerFlap

Might Stick Around
Dec 3, 2021
Ohio
I am happy to see they will be regular production blends and not another limited edition. Blenders have run the L.E. thing into the ground the last couple years. I love DFK tobacco but I too feel a little disappointed there isn't any Italian dark fired in at least one of the three. I've been waiting for C&D to do another run of Sansepolcro because it was so good, but I'll make do with these blends for now 😁

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Why they had to put Latakia in all of them I don’t know. And no Italian DF?

So basically these are just new CD blends and have nothing to do with Toscano aside from the name.

I may try the flake, but aside from that I’ll probably pass.