Not open for further replies.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Cornell & Diehl Bulk: Sweet English
Product Number: 005-459-0026
Components: Black Cavendish Burley Latakia Virginia Family:

English Aromatic Cut: Ribbon
For Sweet English, the folks at C&D start with a traditional American Cavendish base of Virginias, Burleys and Black Cavendish, add a dash of Latakia, and finish it with a specially formulated flavor mixture of caramel and vanilla.

Has anybody given this blend a try? I'm looking to capitalize on SP.com's 20% off C&D bulk sale and the description of this one intrigues me. I will probably order a couple ounces to try before going with a larger order but am curious to here from my fellow pipers on this one. What say yee? :puffy:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Sounds a bit like Pasha's Dream. Not a bad blend, but after one tin, it was a bit sweet for me.
http://m.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/cornell-diehl/bulk/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=138741

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Ya, I noticed that as well when reading through some of the descriptions. I haven't tried Pasha's Dream either but the description sure is similar to Sweet English. Perhaps a small sample of them both is in order. :)

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
The good thing with month long sale is you can order a sample set early and there is time to taste and order bigger amounts later. I just managed to get in a larger order of PS Luxury Bavy Flake a few days ago . Now with the new sale I might have to try a few more new things.

perlasca

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 11, 2015
Jkrug, I smoke and like it. I'm not much of a reviewer. First thing I notice when I open the jar is that it reminds me of Egg Nog. There's also another aroma, kind of sour, like a wet raincoat lol. Not bad though.
As far as the smoke, I go for the flavor of the smoke through my nose more than the taste of it by mouth. My little version of the room note is what I go for.

So I find it sweet, with caramel and vanilla, but it's also has the smokey of Latakia, that makes it unlike your traditional Aro.
If you happen to pick up a sample I hope you can enjoy it as well.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
The good thing with month long sale is you can order a sample set early and there is time to taste and order bigger amounts later.
That's my plan exactly! :) I like Mountain Camp so first order will be 8 ounces of that with a 2 ounce sample of Sweet English. We'll see where it goes from there. :puffy:
perlasca, thanks for that. I'm gonna give it a try and see how it goes. :)

fmgee

Sep 26, 2014
I like Mountain Camp
Oh crap I should not have looked that one up as I think I need to try it. So little time and so much tobacco that sounds like I might need to try it.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
So little time and so much tobacco that sounds like I might need to try it.
Isn't that the truth. My "must try" list just keeps getting longer and longer. I guess it's not such a bad problem to have. :puffy:

fmgee

Sep 26, 2014
It's a great problem to have and I don't feel a need to rush through it. One bowl full at a time I'll work my way through my ever expanding list. When I get to the end I'll realize I have forgotten everything so I better start again. Perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.