PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

KaunThePiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 2, 2022
New England
www.instagram.com
Just talked to a customer rep at SP and they pointed me toward the C&D Instagram info, but they didn't have any info on upcoming availability.

" the first 16oz pipe tobacco in our Small Batch line, available soon at a tobacconist near you." (excerpted from C&D Instagram)
Perhaps this will be a "B&M" exclusive small batch? I'm going off the "Tobacconist near you" statement. Seems plausible as the larger container and lack of limits on some sites might make for a disaster on release days for some.

KaunThePiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 2, 2022
New England
www.instagram.com
For those who do not have Instagram:

@cornellanddiehl
---
The story begins 02.01.22. A tribute to the traditions and customs of cultures across the globe, including those we hold dearest here at Cornell & Diehl, our latest Small Batch blend — Folklore — celebrates five distinct flue-cured varietals, elevated by delicate accompaniments of genuine St. James Parish Perique, lightly smoked Kentucky, and exotic Kasturi leaf. The first 16oz pipe tobacco in the Small Batch line, this solid-brick crumble cake is rich and elegant, with notes of sweet fruit, citrus, warming spices, and woodsy undertones.
cornellanddiehl_20220117_210542_0.jpg

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Being non aromatic, sales at B&Ms would be minimal. Likely available at B&Ms and multiple online retailers.
Right. Why would they want to exclude a majority of their market (online sales). B&M's are going to push their house blends anyway, that's where they have the most margin.

Most B&M's have to order through an approved distributor to comply with state laws. And there is probably a minimum order requirement. And with the added taxes (excise, state and local) I don't see people clamoring to get in on the "exclusive" B&M only extravaganza...

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
For those who do not have Instagram:

@cornellanddiehl
---
The story begins 02.01.22. A tribute to the traditions and customs of cultures across the globe, including those we hold dearest here at Cornell & Diehl, our latest Small Batch blend — Folklore — celebrates five distinct flue-cured varietals, elevated by delicate accompaniments of genuine St. James Parish Perique, lightly smoked Kentucky, and exotic Kasturi leaf. The first 16oz pipe tobacco in the Small Batch line, this solid-brick crumble cake is rich and elegant, with notes of sweet fruit, citrus, warming spices, and woodsy undertones.
View attachment 122509

indoeuro

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Central Texas
If the pipesmagazine.com forum members were able to get a coalition together for an order from C&D for a pound packaging of a forum specific blend, consisting of either a Virginia, VaPer, VaOr, Burley, …just no Latakia…I’m down. ?☕
Oriental/Burley with a Virginia condiment, a la Eight State Burley, I'm down for a couple of pounds of that. Or tons. Pounds or tons, whichever.

KaunThePiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 2, 2022
New England
www.instagram.com
I just found out SP is sending me a sample for review, which I'll probably get in a couple of days. I'll post the review as soon as I can. I'm curious about it as well.
You are the review master... Seriously though, I've been reading your reviews for years. Also, you have been referenced by "Old Hollywood Briar" several times, lol.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
If the pipesmagazine.com forum members were able to get a coalition together for an order from C&D for a pound packaging of a forum specific blend, consisting of either a Virginia, VaPer, VaOr, Burley, …just no Latakia…I’m down. ?☕
Prior to Laudasi buying C&D, the Tarlers would've done it. Craig made me a few tailor made 1 pound bricks.