PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
I only read the first few posts, but thought I would go on the site. Its not the most user friendly site when shopping for pipes but works great for tobacco orders. And the fact that they take back orders is really nice.
So In honor of this thread I placed a tobacco order, $122 = free shipping :)

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
Just adding another vote of confidence.
I'm nobody particular to P&C. I use a Mac. Ordered Argosy Match and Cherry Cordial without a hitch. Came reasonably quick. Enjoying them both daily since.
So, thumbs up to a site sponsor from me, too (long with the rest of the gang above).

sean81

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 26, 2013
+1 P&C. I have used my iPad, macbook pro, and a PC to order and never had any issues. Maybe try resetting or adjusting your safari broweser settings.
PS.

Russ,

The cherry cordial blend is awesome!

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
+1, Cherry Cordial!
And you know what, Russ? No worries on this thread. There are probably other guys like me, who upon reading here, got sort of "hungry" for more and went to the site to shop. Sort of like talking so much about steaks, had to go go to the butcher's. Placed three tobacco orders last night.
And not a hitch! ('cept you were backordered on one tobacco, no problem). Used my Macbook with Chrome as the browswer. Checked out through Paypal (which I really appreciate, since it speeds things along and "Bill me later" would give me leeway if I was waiting on payday yet, though I went direct from checking account).
Smooth. Swift. Fast. ... Now hoping USPS doesn't stall me out. C'mon mailman!
Also liked the way the pipe pages were laid out. Studied the brands for a while.
It's all good!
Pups

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Thanks, folks, for the props. I just wanted to make something clear, though. I do not now, nor have I ever had an ownership stake in PipesandCigars.com. That said, I've been with the company for almost ten years now, and I take a lot of pride in the P&C and Hearth & Home brands. In that sense, I do take ownership, albeit not in a financial manner.
Russ

Rincewind

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 4, 2014
I have used P & C many times before and after the move and before and after the website change and have always had great prompt service and communication from them. My last order was even done on an iPad which was a new experience for me. Yes, we were all used to the way the old website worked and for some of us not so tech-savvy guys like myself it was a little frustrating because it's not what we were used to. But they have done this as an attempt to make it easier for them to provide us better and quicker service, not to try and make it harder for their loyal customers. They know things are a little wonky with the website but they are listening and working to make it better. And, I think it speaks volumes for Russ to post that he is personally available to help you. Even offering his phone number and email address. So I would suggest contacting them for help before giving up on them.

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
I have ordered 2 $100+ orders in the last month... too many deals to pass up. Stocking up for the Tobaccolypse...

Wellington

Dec 31, 2012
My days with P&C are done as well, mostly because I couldn't order from them if I tried since I'm in Canada, but I love the service from SP and 4Noggins so much that I don't really have reason to even look at P&C anymore, besides lusting after bjarne pipes.

Jan 8, 2013
Lots of reponses here, guess I will throw in my two cents..
I am not a fan of the new site, alot of vital info is missing, all the pop up pics irritate me,especially using an android phone for nearly everything.
That said, the selection is still amazing. The customer service I have experienced was good, shipping was quick and well packaged. I have ordered two pipes from them in the last 30 days, one is on the way now. I doubt I will give up on them now. Previously I said I would, but after the success I had with the Build Your Own package, I am now a big fan of P&C. Plus the catalog makes great coffee table material.

brudnod

Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
Yes, I agree with the catalog, it is quite good and occasionally informative. The last shipment that I got from P&C was a pound of English tobacco which I cellared. The catalog still smells like the tobacco so double benefit!

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Pop ups aren't necessarily the site's problem, I'm getting pop ups on every site lately, I think it has to do more with the browser than any particular site.

stbruno70

Jul 9, 2013
A while ago, I ordered from them an 8 oz tin of a blend by Greg Pease.
By mistake, they sent me a 2 oz tin instead. One simple telephone call immediately sorted out the matter, the 8 oz tin was dispatched that day and they told me to keep the 2 oz one gratis.
Excellent recovery and I am happy to shop there.

Status
Not open for further replies.