PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2012
I got 3 pipes marked "straight grain" a little over a month back and posted about the first one which was a P. Larsen. I mentioned these but haven't gotten around to posting them until tonight. The top one was from an Etsy seller and it's an Erlich with more fills than a Neil Peart solo. I've heard such good things about them so I had to pick it up. It's cleaned and ready to go, I just haven't gotten to smoking it yet. The middle one is a Bari Select Nature Old Briar(talk about a mouthful) with some of the most beautiful grain I've ever seen. It's cleaned but I still have to do the stem...my "favorite" part. The last one is a bonus. It's marked "Pipe and Pouch" and "Aged Algerian" with a P on the stem that sure looks like a Pioneer logo to me. It's got some amazing tight birdseye and cross grain so I think I got a winner. This one still needs a cleaning and a stem polish but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna love it too. I just can't wait to get to smoking these. For those of you who think you have to spend big to get a beautiful pipe, think again. You can have a group like this for less than a picture of Grant if you do your research, stay patient, and are willing to put a bit of work into it.
Now the pics.

dscn3271-450x600.jpg

dscn3274-450x600.jpg

Aug 1, 2012
Should have mentioned the bottom one is not marked "straight grain" while the other 2 are. (Hopefully the grain on it told you but just in case...)

Aug 1, 2012
Right on petes, that's one of the reasons I bought it. Don't really mind the fills if it smokes well. Really like the shape too so that's a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.