PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2018
England
A £49 BC was my first pipe, great little smoker as well.
This is a real shame as a Millesime 2018 was on my list of future pipe acquisitions, I suppose now I'll have to move it up the list if I want one.

Chris.

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
I heard it from a friend in Saint-Claude, France that the government liquidators are taking control. I don't know for sure. My French is not so good. That's why ask the experts here.

• Sad
Reactions: Daniele Pipa

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
BC is one of the strong brands in the Arango portfolio. I wouldn't think that the brand itself is disappearing, but what's more likely is the sad possibility that its production will be relocated from its ancestral home to somewhere more "cost-effective."

armonts

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2018
France
they say: "butss-shokiiin" like the "pain", the "vin" not shokinne like at your home :)

It was the 2nd pipe manufacturer in St Claude, they are in " judicial liquidation" which means in France that everything is stopped / sold to settle the debts (the wages, but especially in priority the taxes and the debts for the state … :rolleyes: )

We hope that there will be a buyer but the activity of the pipes has diminished!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bengel

armonts

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2018
France
The workforce is a little less expensive in Italy but I do not think, when it works it remains in St. Claude is a bit their image, it dated back to 1858, otherwise it becomes a simple sales site .
(I think they also distributed Dunhill)

Sometimes with a little luck the brand is taken over by a bigger one, because the name is known, but sometimes it is not the same quality as the origin ...:(

Daniele Pipa

Might Stick Around
Sep 28, 2019
It's confirmed. The Bc have closed September 17. I have a friend who works in the field

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
The news around Europe hit a couple of weeks back, insolvency it seems. I for one never kept them in too high regard, sort of like low to mediocre quality, like Angelo or other common names around here. It is a pity though ... they had quite some tradition.

Status
Not open for further replies.