PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddiegrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2009
My learned, oenophile-like description: It's great! I prefer VaPers and orientals, but I like to smoke most tobacco types, except for cheap aromatics. But this burley is smooth, flavorful and goes great with coffee. It puts you in the zone right away, and is relaxingly pleasant, which is my bottomline preference. I use this blend and the stronger Habana Day Dream (contains cigar leaf) to break in new pipes. I smoked a new Savinelli Bing's Favorite Soiree today. It burned smoothly and cool as always, but particularly in this new pipe. Just white ash left,which is rare with a new pipe. Highly recommended even for those who are not particularly fond of burley.

eddiegrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2009
The only possible objection that I could envisage with this blend is that it may be too mild for some tastes. For me, it's just perfect for an all-day smoke, with no bite. It goes great with a cup of coffee or Girardelli chocolate.

jaxz

Lurker
Apr 23, 2009
All day smokes are great to have available though. Great review.
I prefer heavier English blends as I tend to smoke in the evening, but if I'm able to smoke more frequently this one will be one I'll be taking a closer look at.

kyletheaviator

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2012
Perfect timing to bump that review, I'm in the process of making makin a shopping list, I'll be adding this for sure

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
@jchaplick ..... I got some in a trade, smoked a couple of bowls and traded it down the line. Mild and creamy smoke with a slight earthy smell, some sweet nuttiness to it from what I remember. Burley is not my friend though, I find it a bit overbearing. If you like burley it's a fine smoke.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
It is decent but too mild and boring, also burns fast. 7 Seas Royal is much much better. Although, I do like the fact that with Butternut Burley, there is zero risk of tounge bite.

kyletheaviator

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2012
That actually works well for me during the day, cause then I can grab a bowl at lunch and not feel rushed.

ruraldean

Might Stick Around
Apr 27, 2012
Another lover here. Smoking it now in fact, in a Brigham. My wife has a range of room note descriptions ranging from "revolting" to "terminal". This creeps in at "revolting" which means most humans would like it.

bronxbriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 23, 2010
New York
I live on Butternut Burley. I have at least a bowl a day and never tire of it. It's rich aroma and taste are not overwhelming. It almost reminds me me of buttery coffee cake. It's room notes are rally nice and no one complains! A great year round tobacco from pipesandcigars.com It also stores well. I've had it in a mason jar in a cabinet in my living room room (temp between 68 - 72)for a year and a half and it is still pipe ready!

Status
Not open for further replies.