PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
Todd Bannard aka Sasquatch of BST Pipes, the pipemaker extraordinaire with more monikers then most, made me this beauty! Yes, it passes a pipe cleaner. The lovely stem is actually acrylic although it has been colored to look like tarnished vulcanite! The hair bag was clean. I know Sas has thought long and hard about the aesthetics and mechanics of the tobacco pipe and is a master of the classical shapes. So, when I thought I should get a Hungarian for my collection, I immediately thought of him. I'm very pleased with the result.
20220902_195342.jpg
20220902_195438.jpg
I intend to smoke an inaugural bowl of Plum Pudding in it later this evening in honor of Joe Lankford. May he RIP.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
Mingc ---

Do you find that Sas's patented "Digestive Tract" airway and "Pineapple Beehive" chamber shape help the flavor as much as he claims?

Enquiring minds want to know.

View attachment 166807
Well, I didn't want to diss Sas publicly, but truth be told, I'm going to have to send it to you to tweak, because there just aren't enough bends in the shank. 😁

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Mingc ---

Do you find that Sas's patented "Digestive Tract" airway and "Pineapple Beehive" chamber shape help the flavor as much as he claims?

Enquiring minds want to know.

View attachment 166807
You will need a mini-colonoscope to clean that 😂

Or water-flush, I suppose. With the appropriate pre-colonoscopy prep. 😆

All jokes aside, a very nice rendition 👏

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
You will need a mini-colonoscope to clean that 😂

Or water-flush, I suppose. With the appropriate pre-colonoscopy prep. 😆

All jokes aside, a very nice rendition 👏
Man, don't mention the word colonoscopy to me. Just last week, after a clear liquid diet day and getting bloated over a sleepiness night because the laxatives didn't work well or fast enough, the doctor cancelled my procedure. Next Nov. I get the pleasure of TWO days on clear liquids only and my laxative comes in a gallon jug (that's 4 liters to you) to be ingested overnight. Ugh. I'll go smoke my pipe now.

woodrow

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 28, 2018
Melfort, Saskatchewan, Canada
Hey Todd. Are you still doing pipes. Went to the website and it looks like your still busy. There’s a wonderful Rhodesian bent in your gallery, gone a long time ago. I presume you’re still taking orders.
-Bill

Reactions: mingc

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Todd Bannard aka Sasquatch of BST Pipes, the pipemaker extraordinaire with more monikers then most, made me this beauty! Yes, it passes a pipe cleaner. The lovely stem is actually acrylic although it has been colored to look like tarnished vulcanite! The hair bag was clean. I know Sas has thought long and hard about the aesthetics and mechanics of the tobacco pipe and is a master of the classical shapes. So, when I thought I should get a Hungarian for my collection, I immediately thought of him. I'm very pleased with the result.
View attachment 166790
View attachment 166792
I intend to smoke an inaugural bowl of Plum Pudding in it later this evening in honor of Joe Lankford. May he RIP.
That's a beauty!

Did you have to pay extra for the Hungarian hair mat?

Puts me in mind of Hagrid - hope he could spare it!

Reactions: mingc

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
Hey Todd. Are you still doing pipes. Went to the website and it looks like your still busy. There’s a wonderful Rhodesian bent in your gallery, gone a long time ago. I presume you’re still taking orders.
-Bill
Yes, the website is almost static, I occasionally have a pipe for sale on there but basically I sell everything as fast as I make it, and if you are waiting for some particular pipe to come along on the site, it'll never happen. But you can use the "contact" form on the site or PM me here or any number of other forums, instagram, facebook, etc. I'm everywhere.

Reactions: 5star and mingc