PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ron123

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 28, 2015
Park Ridge, IL
I saw him every year at the Chicago show, but never talked with him, other that to say Hello. From the comments though, it sounds like he was a real decent guy, and now wish I would have made a point of introducing myself.
Totally surprising as he seems like he was maybe in his 70's...too young.
5763437648_45e3c6092a_b.jpg
[/url]

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
The pipe world had some sad news today. I'm not qualified to write this obit, but Sykes Wilford certainly is, and he graciously allowed PipesMagazine.com to use the one he wrote for SmokingPipes.com.
http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-news/passing-of-a-giant/
lars-ivarsson-725.jpg

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I saw him every year at the Chicago show, but never talked with him, other that to say Hello. From the comments though, it sounds like he was a real decent guy, and now wish I would have made a point of introducing myself.
Totally surprising as he seems like he was maybe in his 70's...too young.
5763437648_45e3c6092a_b.jpg
RIP Lars. I didn't know him other than the show and some email interactions to get 3 pipe bags made but he was always quietly friendly to me.
If that's the big pipe that I sold to Rodrigo. I showed it to Lars when he made me a bag for it and two other pipes he made that I owned at the time. He looked at it and told me about how he remembered that it was one of his largest pipes and that he found the accent wood in his yard. He showed me a tiny little dark knot that he remembered after all those years! If it's the pipe it came from the Peter Mosling collection! I hope you got the bag and the bamboo tamper that I $old with it

ron123

Jan 28, 2015
Park Ridge, IL
Hi David, I've done a lot of business buying and selling with Rodrigo, so this may have come from him. It did come with a bag, so maybe it's the same pipe. It's a good sized pipe, with an especially large chamber. I didn't get a tamper with it. I've gotten a couple of the plain and simple bamboo ones he's made, at the silent auction in Chicago. I actually have a pretty large tamper collection, so if he made anything more special than that to go with this piece, then that's a bummer. This is the only Lars pipe I have, but do have one Nanna and one Sixten, both also blasts. Sorry, but I don't know Peter Mosling.
26360630488_d5eb266228_k.jpg

josephcross

Dec 30, 2015
RIP. Condolences to his family and friends. Our community lost one of the great ones today.

Status
Not open for further replies.