PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
For those of you out there smoking Brigham pipes with the maple filters, do you notice any ghosting after washing, drying, and reusing a filter? Should I 'dedicate' a filter to a blend?

(Please, don't turn this into a filter vs no filter debate: I am not gonna stop using the filters. Thanks.)

Reactions: danimalia

Saintwilliam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2019
I don’t find that they ghost too bad. When you pull them out and put a fresh one in it really tastes fresh.

A question for you, do you find that the draw become tighter after one or two smokes? They seem to need much more regular cleaning than my other pipes. I do like them for sure though.

Reactions: rogers

Spinkle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 16, 2019
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I've never noticed ghosting myself. I generally use them for a single smoke and then remove and rinse the filter and wait for it to dry over night or longer. I end up having essentially a "rotation" of these filters and I have no method to track what has been used with what blend, so I assume if ghosting was a problem I would have had it crop up by now.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
A question for you, do you find that the draw become tighter after one or two smokes? They seem to need much more regular cleaning than my other pipes. I do like them for sure though.
Maybe. I'll need to put a few more smokes on this one filter and see if there are any differences in the draught. It might take me over a week to check, though, since I don't smoke every day. So, stay tuned. ?

9mmpuffer

Might Stick Around
Mar 1, 2018
Yes, they will ghost if you smoke a tobacco that's very heavy and distinctive. But, they won't ghost anymore than your actual pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.