PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

woodrow

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 28, 2018
Melfort, Saskatchewan, Canada
This Brigham 2 dot was dirty and tired looking. The stem was in very good shape. More on the stem later.
After reaming there a number of heat fissures. I applied a thin layer of JB weld, then some maple syrup, and powdered carbon.
The stem is a question. You’ll notice the two dots are very close to the tenon end of the stem. I’m thinking it might be a replacement to accommodate the sleeve that holds the standard Brigham hardwood filter. I’m not partial to the filters, and might replace the stem. We’ ll see how it smokes. The stem only needed a few drops of CA glue.

Im absolutely convinced now that if restorers are using CA glue you need a spray accelerator. Get some!

After a cleaning with Murphys Oil soap, and small brushes with dish soap for the shank and mortis the pipe looked better. Stem was polished with micro pads and obsidian oil.
A light application of white polish, then a very light application of Carnuba developed the shine. I do have an interest in Brigham Pipes and grab one if I can find a bargain. Before the after pics.

Attachments

• IMG_2585.png
    IMG_2585.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2586.png
    IMG_2586.png
    848.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2587.png
    IMG_2587.png
    1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1807.jpeg
    IMG_1807.jpeg