Brebbia Jumbo Golden Bent Bulldog (2724)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

24 Fresh Ropp Pipes
24 Fresh Tsuge Pipes
New Accessories
18 Fresh IMP Meerschaum Pipes
12 Fresh Estate Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
I'm looking at a Brebbia Jumbo Golden Bent Bulldog (2724) at my local pipe/cigar shop. At $185 it's pretty expensive for me but it is huge and beautiful. I have no experience with Brebbia pipes nor have I ever seen mention of their products. Does anybody out there in forum land have any experience with Brebbia products? How they smoke? Their value? Any advice is much appreciated.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I was about to say that seems high for that pipe. I am a huge fan of Brebbia. The one I have is one of my best smokers. I too have noticed that their prices have gone up but still fit closely with its manufactured pipe competitors prices. In the end if you love the pipe and have the money I would get it. I passed up a Brebbia iceberg about a year ago and regret it.

Aug 1, 2012
I have 2 Brebbia pipes and I love both of them. One is an old Golden Gnome and the other is a newer Iceberg. I do agree that the new prices are a bit high but estate prices can still be pretty low if you're lucky.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
SmokingPipes had one, but no longer available. That is a good looking bulldog!
002-009-1649.jpg

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
Thats the one ,Al. Sorry hobie, I forgot to post a pick.
Probably worried someone else would snatch it up. A pic would be sweet!

Haha, actually please grab it before I do. Again the smooth in the shop is $185 (and it does look sweet in person). Saw two sandblasted on sites online, one unfamiliar site (mainstreetpipeco) for $108 and Cupojoes for $157.25.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
@rothnh- agreed that it is heavy. I held it in my hand and decided that if ever I needed, I could club somebody over the head with it and continue on with my smoke. I will look up this Peterson lovat, can you tell me which model?

Jul 12, 2011
Not to sway you away from Brebbia, but at almost the $200. mark

you could get a sweet handmade from say Hackert, Balkovec, Boswell

or Tinsky, etc....all outstanding pipe-makers IMHO

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
I'd love a Hackert (been seeing them on youtube) if I could find one. I have a really nice Boswell Poker. I don't think I've heard of the other two (tho I will look them up). Didn't buy the Brebbia, I think I made it thru my PAD crave for now (so long as I don't wander past that pipe/cigar shop) It is just a really nice pipe in hand and I would scoop it up if I saw it online at a discount. And as I see it I saved myself $185 bucks to put toward a TAD order.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
@herbinedave, beautiful pipes and one hell of a waiting list.
@rothnh, how well do antlers smoke?? Good site tho, have you purchased from them?

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
out of the frying pan and into the fire.....check this out from my new favorite site to peruse.

http://www.jamesislandpiper.com/catalog_product.aspx?prod_id=2844

so much for PAD crave passing....I sure hope that my Storient isn't a good smoker :wink:

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
Alright, did a search today for the hell of it and this came up...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200837183836?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
According to site it is the same pipe and new. Only downside I see is the transit time from Lithuania. If any shinanigans I figure paypal will get my back.
If this turns out legit, I figure that I saved $100 bucks for baccy.

timely

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 23, 2012
brebbia-nc.jpg

This is a monster Brebbia Collection Pipe. I call it my Flintstone Pipe LOL But I do Have to admit it smokes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.