PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
That is the poodle's privates.
It reminds me as much of Alan Moore as Gandalf.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
As a master carver, I'm sure he/she is probably capable of carving anything-stone, clay, whatever. The talent is not to be questioned.
But the pipe? Is it a good pipe? Balance, airways, stem construction, etc etc.
I have a pipe in my possession that is a beautiful work of cabinetry, but the pipe is too heavy, and the balance is completely off.
I have not smoked it, nor will I. I got it because it was so nicely carved, like an excellent piece of furniture.
The very last time I will do this and a lesson learned.
Not to rain on this parade...

CherokeeBilly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2014
Granbury, TX
Meh Its alright, nothing special.................
IM JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!! That's pretty masterful. I don't think I could smoke it though, it would go on a shelf for sure. That guy has serious skills!

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
I'm not a woodcarver. The only things that would get whittled are my hands and I need all my fingers and both my thumbs. Leaving aside whether it would smoke well, that is a serious piece of art. Imagine it with some colouration and patina to give highlights and depth...Awesome.
Andy

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
Wow, the carving itself is artistry. Let alone it is also a freaking pipe! Way cool for sure.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Anyone notice it actually looks like the guy in the movies? Someone needs to tell him the SV is not in Elven font though, but the G is! Nice.

desertpipe

Might Stick Around
Nov 13, 2014
There are pipe carvers and there are artists....this is art at the highest level and the finish work is mind boggling. I can not remember seeing a facial carving on a pipe that is nearly so life-like and expressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.