PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Just getting level set here, seems different than cigar passes I've done in the past, in a typical cigar past someone decides to start the box, they throw in like 20 or 25 sticks, first person get's box, pulls out what they want and replaces it and posts "puts and takes" then mails it off and posts the tracking to the next person. This way it's easy to see where it was and where it's going / landed.

In pipe box passes, i get that it's different as people aren't pulling out whole tins and replacing them, but are people starting the box with donations then it goes out instead of just the starter supplying the goodies to get it going? What happens at the end, usually for cigars it goes back to the person that started it and the bounty is his for the work and for the outlay starting the pass, or sometimes it get's random number generator*ed and the winner of the random number get's the final box, or even it's mutually agreed upon to bomb someone else with the final box, which option is this pass?

Thanks!

Just getting level set here, seems different than cigar passes I've done in the past, in a typical cigar past someone decides to start the box, they throw in like 20 or 25 sticks, first person get's box, pulls out what they want and replaces it and posts "puts and takes" then mails it off and posts the tracking to the next person. This way it's easy to see where it was and where it's going / landed.

In pipe box passes, i get that it's different as people aren't pulling out whole tins and replacing them, but are people starting the box with donations then it goes out instead of just the starter supplying the goodies to get it going? What happens at the end, usually for cigars it goes back to the person that started it and the bounty is his for the work and for the outlay starting the pass, or sometimes it get's random number generator*ed and the winner of the random number get's the final box, or even it's mutually agreed upon to bomb someone else with the final box, which option is this pass?

Thanks!
Kind of sounds like the first person to get the cigar box gets shafted on the selection.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Kind of sounds like the first person to get the cigar box gets shafted on the selection.
They are good cigars, they are cuban cigar passes so no $3 dog rockets, never heard a complaint lol

This is a pass going around right now and the starting contents

1) 1980's Romeo y Julieta Corona
2) 1980's Romeo y Julieta Corona (en cello)
3) 1960's Fonseca Delicias
4) 1989 Quintero Media Corona
5) 1980's Partagas Corona Junior A/T
6) 1991 Romeo y Julieta Ex #3
7) 1980's La Flor de Cano Selectos
8) 1980's Troya Universales
9) 1970's H Upmann Especiales
10) 1984 Montecristo Especial #1
11) 2005 Romeo y Julieta Petit Piramide (EL)
12) 2009 Bolivar Especiales #2 (RE - Germany)
13) 1997 Punch Churchill
14) 1998 La Gloria Cubana Tainos
15) 1997 H Upmann Aromatico
16) 2001 Diplomaticos #3
17) 2000 Rafael Gonzalez Lonsdale
18) 1999 Troya Club Corona A/T
19) 1999 Partagas Serie du Connoisseur #1
20) 2000 Belinda Belvederes
21) 2020 Partagas Serie D 4
22) 2020 Bolivar Belicoso Fino
23) 2020 Por Larranaga Petit Corona
24) 2020 Partagas Mille Fleur
25) 2021 Punch Punch

JJ_JJ_JJ_JJ

Can't Leave
Sep 13, 2022
So are we doing the take a bit from what's in the bags/tins to and smoke it or taking tins/bags and adding tins/bags?

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)

Thanks!
See above for option 4. The person who ends up with the box is the one who steals it

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I will only take out the heavy stuff so I can cheap out on the postage, the wife only gives me lunch money since pad & tad became my chief malady. Also place me near the top of the list so I don’t Need to rent a forklift !

Ok, we’re not related, because he’s; ‘off’. LOL 😆

And I’m ‘IT’, get it, ‘The One’, LOL 😆

34B519DA-1AF0-4521-8EC6-BF8F78896B0B.jpeg

Just kididng... ;)

Actually my nick means to get your Pipe On and Pipe IT. ;)

Ok, back to the BOX! ❤️

• Haha
Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon
Newest additions, big thanks to @cosmicfolklore!View attachment 219691
I would have sent more, but there was all this talk about boxes getting overloaded. After I dropped this in the mail, I realized that I had added two things that no one would be able to buy more of, duh!

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA

Thanks!
To the best of my knowledge, every box pass on this forum has ended with the box being stolen. So it goes out not with a bang, but with a whimper.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. It would be nice to hear otherwise.

Reactions: aspiring_sage
Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks

Thanks!
We’ll see if it “ends” or gets jacked. It won’t end up back with me, if it does it will be distributed among the participants or other forum members.

Reactions: SBC and AJL67

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
We’ll see if it “ends” or gets jacked. It won’t end up back with me, if it does it will be distributed among the participants or other forum members.
You could have it end with you and send it back out for another round. Ask who wants to keep it going. Maybe by then some of the members that missed out will qualify and join in the fun. Let's see how long we can keep it going. It's a thought.

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
You could have it end with you and send it back out for another round. Ask who wants to keep it going. Maybe by then some of the members that missed out will qualify and join in the fun. Let's see how long we can keep it going. It's a thought.
Yeah, I’ve thought about just having return to me for maintenance and starting it again. We’ll see what happens. I’m not opposed to keeping it going.