PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Ok, between my daughter and wife, choosing a bow-tie has been maddening. See my earlier picture of my suit and the proposed tie.
Last weekend, the daughter called and said that wouldn't work, the colors were all wrong. She basically said she had to approve the tie or I wouldnt be in the pictures. That ended with me calling her Bridezilla and since everything was on my dime (well, about 250,000 dimes..) I was in the picture or there wouldn't be a reception. She hung up on me and we exchanged a few terse text messages. A few days later, in looking at ties with my wife, I was again told Green is a no go and I had to have a plain bow-tie (boring) that matched my tan seersucker.
Fast forward to today. The wife flew to New Orleans for a wedding shower and texted me this picture of the bow tie and shirt they suggested. Yep, exactly the color scheme I proposed months ago. Dads = Always right. Now, I'm wondering where the next salvo comes from. June 21st can't get here soon enough.....
10304982_878007298881933_203986577411480045_n.jpg

Aug 14, 2012
I forgot how to tie these before most of you{se} guys were born. They were fun back when. People usually forget that ties are to keep your neck warm. Next winter I will bring my collection of 60s Ralph Lauren wide ties up to my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.