PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Boychek

Lurker
Sep 23, 2020
I am kinda excited. Angel's Envy (not a usual choice for me) is a "Private Selection" finished in Port Barrels. What to say about Blanton's? I love the stuff. The Nashville Barrel Co is another "Special" and supposed to be top-shelf. I am going to taste these, as yet unopened, this evening.

View attachment 286713
You might try a local Utah distillation that Forbes Magazine called the best:
Bonneville Bourbon — Salt Flats Spirits - https://www.saltflatsspirits.com/bonneville-bourbon

This month the state raised a fifth's price by $5 to $34.95, here, in Utah.

I'm not a connesurier; but, you won't find it a waste of money (that is,
in my feeble humble opinion).

Here's to good health and drink.

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
I guess that I'm not that discerning. I can barely tell the difference between Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare or Blantons. BT is more economical and a lot easier to find.

I enjoy Maker's Mark and buy it from Costco. I say it's all good. I suppose I'd prefer to drink the higher end ones neat. However, It's more the norm for me to make a 'Rusty Nail' or an 'Old Fashion' then to have my Bourbon neat...

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I enjoy Maker's Mark and buy it from Costco. I say it's all good. I suppose I'd prefer to drink the higher end ones neat. However, It's more the norm for me to make a 'Rusty Nail' or an 'Old Fashion' then to have my Bourbon neat...
I'm an Old Fashioned guy, diet simple sugar and spicy, with a lot of bitters. My current preference is a bottle of Black Walnut bitters.(Fee Brothers)

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
I only drink bourbon a time or two a year, when I entertain invited guests at my farm.

Jim Beam Black is good bourbon.

So is any and all the rest that cost over $20 a fifth.

Sidehatch

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2022
Colorado
For the old fashioned drinkers out there, try it with Basil Hayden Toast. You may not have one without it again. For bourbon on the rocks Penelope and Eagle Rare are tough to beat.