PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Today I purchased a new Chacom from my local B&M. As much as I like to support local companies, I tend to not buy my pipes from stores in town as their prices are way out of whack. That being said, today I was able to negotiate a pretty good deal, prompting the purchase. In the end, I probably paid an extra $10; a small price to pay for the instant gratification!!!
Here is a picture of my new pipe (not the actual pipe it's self, stock photo via Google).
chacom-pipe-elephant-262.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Fine looking pipe. Supporting the local pipe shop is a good idea. Often, if you visit regularly, you can spot good deals. Being able to handle and examine the pipe is worth some money too, and no shipping. Just bought a nice clencher Ben Wade and the shop owner included the tax in the marked price, for my years of patronage.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Thank you for the kind words gentlemen, I will try and take the pipe on her maiden smoke today. But with the temperature being -24C, I might have to wait until my morning commute tomorrow.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Hey guys, the pipe is smoking wonderfully. She is initially struggling to build a decent layer of cake, but smoking sweet nonetheless.
If there was one complaint, I struggle to run a pipe cleaner through the stem. It appears the stem was constructed from at least 2 pieces; the base with the tenon and the mouthpiece. At the joint a pipe cleaner gets hung up. I did not notice this before buying as a simple twist got the cleaner got it through initially. However, now that I have smoked the pipe, I realized that it is not the bend, but a poorly constructed stem. Worst of all, the simple twist no longer appears to simply correct the problem. I end up having to run the pipe cleaner through tenon first.
Fortunately, this does not appear to affect the way the pipe smokes, only the ease of cleaning. All in all, I am happy with the purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.