PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
Here is a review of one of my favorite aromatics from TR.com:
No Bite Delite is another in a long line of successful aromatics from Boswell's Pipes and Tobaccos. I believe this one was blended by J.M.'s son Dan. In the pouch or jar it has a mottled appearance, with brown ribbons mixed with black chopped pieces. The pouch aroma is chocolate with caramel overtones.
NBD lights easily for a cased aromatic and doesn't require a lot of relights, like many topped tobaccos do. I packed my pipe with the Franck method and it worked very well. The taste is not overly sweet, and some good tobacco flavor is mixed in with what sweetness there is. The room note is grand and a favorite of my wife's. NBD burns down to a fine gray ash with little to no dottle.
Scores for No Bite Delite: flavor- 16 of 20; lighting and burn- 8 of 10; value- 8 of 10. 32 points equals a **** rating for No Bite Delite. The Boswell offering of winning tobaccos continues
Smokey

chopz

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2011
my favorite boswell blend so far. you wouldn't think it has latakia in it, would you?

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
Yeah I had no idea there was Latakia in it, it is very very subtle. And this is coming from a guy who doesn't like lats, but this one is very good. I'm hooked on their Chocolate cream, it's so good!!!!!

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
The No Bite Delight was OK at first. But, I seem to get a taste left afterwards. Can't figure out what it is. I'm neutral one way or the other. You'll have to try it for yourselves. I'd say, 90% of what they make is good.

It's a matter of taste. I don't like aftertaste when I'm done. Maybe it's the Latakia in there. I'm not a Latakia fan in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.