PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Are these regularly scheduled every few months? I’d love to go to Boswell’s when some forum members are attending. Growing up in New York, I never learned to drive (always just took the subway or bus to get around), so I’d have to rely on Susan to handle the 2.5 hour drive to Chambersburg and make a day of it and fit in the antique mall, etc.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
  • Haha
Reactions: woodsroad

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Are these regularly scheduled every few months? I’d love to go to Boswell’s when some forum members are attending. Growing up in New York, I never learned to drive (always just took the subway or bus to get around), so I’d have to rely on Susan to handle the 2.5 hour drive to Chambersburg and make a day of it and fit in the antique mall, etc.
They are. I posted here a few times, didn't have much interest. I'll remember to post it here, likely to occur again in September.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
The rest of the group meet at a nearby PA diner for hawg mall and other assorted Pennsylvania Dutch delicacies. I pass on that...

How do you know Curry's, they are up in Wilkes-Barre PA (3 hours North, one of the guys makes that drive!)?

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

RookieGuy80

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2023
Maryland, United States
@ssjones @lestrout

September is almost upon us. I was was wondering if a meeting is scheduled, although with the uptick in COVID cases lately, I’m not sure extended sessions indoors with multiple people is in the cards for me.
I've been thinking the weather is almost right to take the bike up to Chambersburg. I'm sure we can find a good place outside for sampling and fellowship.

• Love
Reactions: AroEnglish
Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
I've been thinking the weather is almost right to take the bike up to Chambersburg. I'm sure we can find a good place outside for sampling and fellowship.

My girlfriend and I have been talking about taking some day trips around Pennsylvania in the weeks to come. We might pop over to Chambersburg to check out antiques and stop into Boswell's even though there isn't a meeting scheduled. If I get a firm date of when we're going, I'll post here.

ChonkyTonks

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2022
Philly
My girlfriend and I have been talking about taking some day trips around Pennsylvania in the weeks to come. We might pop over to Chambersburg to check out antiques and stop into Boswell's even though there isn't a meeting scheduled. If I get a firm date of when we're going, I'll post here.
Please do. I have been wanting to get out there. It would be cool to meet some of the folks here.