PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

winterland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2011
Minneapolis
What a nice mail day. Boswell Rusticated Yacht that I believe has never been smoked in. From the signature, it must be older as it doesn't have the year. Maybe someone knows Boswell's history. Looks and smells new. I love it when something is even nicer than you imagined when you get it in front of you.

Made a deal also for some Stonehaven. I recently was given a sample to try and had to have some.
IMAG1457.jpg

IMAG1453.jpg

winterland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2011
Minneapolis
I checked out the Boswell site. Sounds like like he started dating in mid 80's. Sounds like they aren't good with email from what I have read. Maybe I will give them a call. Just curious.
Any suggestions of the best way to pack and smoke Stonehaven? I have smoked about 7 bowls of the sample I have and seems lke I have to relight quite often. I have left out to dry for an hour each time. It is not wet.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Cut it in cubes like Bentmike sHowed us,cut it kinda spread it out a couple hrs before smokeing then fill no hard packing tap side of pipe then crumble a few pieces for kindling on top, works for me. The old cajun

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Great looking pipe you got there. One of my favorite shapes. I am sure it will ge a great smoker for you, congrats.
I second old cajun with the cube method. I have been doing it exclusively now since Bentmikes post and it has been great. if I am dealing with a very moist tobacco, I cube it and let it dry for maybe half an hour and it is good to go.

winterland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2011
Minneapolis
Thanks for the Stonehaven help. I have been drying and crumbling and filling the normal 3 step way. Does not keep burning as well as other tobaccos. Will try the cube.
Can anyone post a link to the Bentmike post? I did some searching and can't find it.
Yes from the looks of it the Boswell pipe is old. It must have been stored somewhere as it looks new.

Status
Not open for further replies.