PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirOne

Lurker
Mar 6, 2024
Good day to all members,
I am back to pipe smoking after a 30 years break. My main motivation when I came back to this hobby was the stupid increase of the cuban cigars, that I have been smoking for years. I the realized that for the price of one cigar I could get 2 oz of pipe tobacco (well not in France, but in our neighbour’s countries).
A ll lot has change since I started my pipe journey, the most important being the amount of info now available online, and especially here. New discovery of tobaccos, of corn pipes, and usefull advices for almost new the pipe smoker that I am.
I so far have a dozen pipes, from G. Jensen to Peterson system ( love them, but at the same time can’t stand the P-lip), including one of my favorite (freehand from MM). I am now getting into meerschaum after a first conclusive try
I have a strong bias towards Va and Va/Per, my »alone on a remote island » blend being HU Louisiana Broken.

Thanks to all contributors t for the knowledge they share on this forum!!

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Bonjour from Michigan! Glad pipes has served as a good alternative to cigars for you. What were/are your favorite Cubans?

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Good day to all members,
I am back to pipe smoking after a 30 years break. My main motivation when I came back to this hobby was the stupid increase of the cuban cigars, that I have been smoking for years. I the realized that for the price of one cigar I could get 2 oz of pipe tobacco (well not in France, but in our neighbour’s countries).
A ll lot has change since I started my pipe journey, the most important being the amount of info now available online, and especially here. New discovery of tobaccos, of corn pipes, and usefull advices for almost new the pipe smoker that I am.
I so far have a dozen pipes, from G. Jensen to Peterson system ( love them, but at the same time can’t stand the P-lip), including one of my favorite (freehand from MM). I am now getting into meerschaum after a first conclusive try
I have a strong bias towards Va and Va/Per, my »alone on a remote island » blend being HU Louisiana Broken.

Thanks to all contributors t for the knowledge they share on this forum!!
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!

Status
Not open for further replies.